Big Kudnos to Rick's Rv Center

Tell us who had done you right and who has done you wrong in rv repairs and service!

Big Kudnos to Rick's Rv Center

Postby gingerK » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:00 am

Rick's Rv Center in Joliet, Il totally blew it in diagnosing my tc repair problem. I took it in for non-working refrigerator and they said I needed a new converter and wanted $850-$1000 dollars for the converter and labor. We got the tc home and took out the converter because a friend who is an electrician thought he might be able to repair it for us; opened it up and found a blown fuse. We replaced the fuse and everything worked. So I'd avoid Rick's Rv Center in Joliet, IL like the plague.
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Re: Big Kudnos to Rick's Rv Center

Postby Deeann » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:02 am

Atta girl.
Deeann

Postby retiredhappy » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:13 am

Why is it that many repair places (not just RV's) go for the most expensive fix first. When my Roadtrek keyfob wouldn't open the doors or start the engine I drove my car to the Dodge dealership and explained problem. Was told to have it towed in, that it needed an expensive part. Called a tow truck and the kid (about 20) asked if anyone had checked my battery. BINGO! dead battery which was still under warranty.

There are fuses for so many things that we should all remember to check the fuses before anything else. I once had a repair person come because I thought the electric had gone out. He came, he pushed the "reset" button on the outlet. Dumb me. At least he was kind enough not to even charge me since he was in the park anyway.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby gingerK » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:53 am

Not all repair shops are evil; the fellow who fixes my cars diagnosed my trans trouble and didn't charge me a scan charge for putting it on his computer to see what codes were there; he recommended a trans shop that found the trouble and told me that what was happening wouldn't damage my transmission if I continued to drive it with the light coming on. Again, no charge. I really believe the rv shop saw a woman and thought they could pull a fast one. I seriously doubt if my hubby had been the one to take it there they would have told him the same thing.
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Return to Kudos and KudNos