Camping World Cedar Falls, Iowa

Tell us who had done you right and who has done you wrong in rv repairs and service!

Camping World Cedar Falls, Iowa

Postby Dee » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:10 pm

This place has great service, an easy to navigate drop off/pick up lot, and a convenient location right off US Hwy 20. I had the misfortune of having a lightning strike take out the converter, fridge, AC, microwave, and water heater on our old camper between my husband's death and his funeral (talk about a bad week). We had always had service done here, so that's where I took it. They were super nice and efficient with everything, and waited for the insurance company to pay them without me having to pay and then insurance reimburse me. I traded that unit to them for my Rockwood MiniLite, and they have handled a couple of minor warranty issues on the new unit just as efficiently. Then when I pulled the stupid trick of running my slide out with the lock bar still in, they repaired the damaged facer board so that you'd never know anything happened. The campers were kept in a locked, fenced-in area until I had time to come get them. They never have given me that condescending attitude some service places give single women, and always explain what they've done thoroughly. They know how to charge, but are no worse than anyone else, and the service is good.
Dee

Re: Camping World Cedar Falls, Iowa

Postby Bethers » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:52 pm

Good to hear.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby avalen » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:07 pm

always good to hear stuff like this
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby snowball » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:52 pm

with the rep CW has glad to hear of one that does good work
sheila
snowball

Postby Dee » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:36 am

[/quote]
snowball wrote:with the rep CW has glad to hear of one that does good work
sheila

Their service dept. is great, but don't get me started on the sales staff. I had done all my research online and knew exactly what I wanted. I knew more about the unit than the sales guy did. Then they pulled that annoying "I have to check with the sales manager trick" when we just about had the deal made. I might have walked out if CW had not been the only dealer in my area offering a Rockwood MiniLIte like I knew I wanted. I thought they could have done $1000 more on my trade-in, but I already knew that I like their service dept. so I went ahead with it. I hope the service dept. never takes lessons in customer satisfaction from the sales staff!
Dee

Postby Bethers » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:03 pm

I hope the service dept. never takes lessons in customer satisfaction from the sales staff!

Or from some of the other CW service depts. I've seen good and bad CW's in sales and in service. And in most of the places. I still try to find independent rv service people - it's where I have my best luck - but always listen when someone (like you here) have a good one - and make a mental note for if I need service when traveling in that area.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Return to Kudos and KudNos