An Update On My Life Since Alaska...

An Update On My Life Since Alaska...

Postby Belle » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:50 pm

I've been a busy little bird these past months.
My trip to Alaska was life changing, filled with both enormous joy and terrible sadness.
Here's is a pictorial diary of events as they unfolded...

Bongo Bill's fate was met just this afternoon, suffering a broken neck from a deadly fall.
I will miss him and his smooth talking, bongo-playing ways, but his legacy of love and laughter will live on through the twins.

Happy travels to all,
Belle, the womenrv.com mascot
Belle

Re: An Update On My Life Since Alaska...

Postby BirdbyBird » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:10 pm

Oh no, tragedy? :shock: No wonder Belle has been silent.....it is difficuly to post on the forum when twins are keeping you up through the night. ( I am guessing the Bongo was busy keeping Belle up half the night too but that is moot point now. :? )

Soooooo. What are their names?
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Redwahine » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:22 pm

Sorry about Belle's loss. Yes, please tell us about the twins.
Redwahine

Postby Belle » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:26 pm

Ah, dear birdladypeson, those of us who are an actual part of the Flamingo Realm do not name our children. Several years after birth, when sexual maturity is reached, they are allowed to choose their own names. I just refer to them as "hey, you"...they both respond.

Sincerely,
Belle

Happy travels to all,
Belle

Postby Redwahine » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:29 pm

:lol: :lol:
Redwahine

Postby avalen » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:22 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: will be fun watching the twins grow
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:09 pm

Oh, Belle.....you sure have been a busy little bird...so sorry to hear about Bongo Bill...but he did leave you with 2 precious reminders of your time together...may they bring you joy..... ;) :o I will be looking forward to your adventures in motherhood and hope to see you at the FL GTG enjoying yourself as always....Moms, even Flamingo Moms, deserve time away from the everyday stuff at home.... ;) :D
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby Bethers » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:13 pm

So sorry to hear of the loss of Bongo Bill. What a sad day. But then, not so sad because of the twins arrival. How long ago did they arrive and how old are they?

So glad to hear from you Belle ... I think ... as usually when you are around, so is trouble .... not sure if you cause it or we ladies do ... but trouble follows you.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Belle » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:23 pm

HeyYou(s) are doing well. They're about four months old now. I think I'm going to send them to my mother...she runs the Flamingo Rescue Center in Brecksville OH and the girls will have a much better life with her...more stability, no traipsing all over the country. And when they "mature", oh just think of all the men they'll be able to choose from. Yes, I believe that is best for them.

Now, who wants to take me to the Florida GTG? I know my current Bodyguard will ship me off quick as a whistle...

PS: Here's a pic I snapped of the girls romping around in the back 40 in Tennessee...

DON'T FORGET - Volunteers needed to host my appearance in Florida!
Happy travels to all,
Belle

Postby VickieP » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:19 am

Well, I'm not surprised at all, we all know what a bad influence Mitch is! :lol:
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby BirdbyBird » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:56 am

I think it was the wine.... :roll: Belle has always been pretty quick about sharing a sip or two or three when ever she saw someone's glass. I bet Bongo swept her off her feet with talk about becoming a famous Flamingo Dancer.... Alas, her dreams will need to shift once again. Good thing her mom has connections for the Twins to be taken care of because they would just be too young and impressionable to travel around with any of us.... :shock:

Apparently we couldn't handle Belle. And it took all Herschel could handle to keep those other Twins in line. (But then Red and the other Red had been hanging with Sharon....so they may have been lead off on a different path :o to begin with...) Hopefully Belle's mom will send pictures with updates on the bird twins as the grow.
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Gentleladybear » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:03 am

I thought Belle was just out being a Floosie. But since there was a wedding complete with the dress guess I missed on this one.

Belle sounds like you are jumping right back out there with the fun and traveling.....good for you.
Nan
Gentleladybear

Postby retiredhappy » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:52 am

OOOOH Belle, what a life you lead. We lose track of you for just a little while and look what you got up to. I'm sure the Hey You(s) will be happy at their Flamingo rescue place and you need to be free to roam. I guess we need to keep better tabs on you and try to keep you out of trouble and away from the wine.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:44 pm

If my calculations are right, it was a shotgun wedding. So the "Hey You"'s were possibly conceived before the wedding...
Now about that mysterious and sudden "accident" and death of Bongo Bill...hmmmm :o :?
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Belle » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:59 pm

And here I thought my pictorial diary was obvious...

In the photographs, please note the order of 1) the consumption of champagne, 2) the coupling, 3) the wedding, and 4) the birth of the twins...
I was attempting to be a Twenty-First Century Flamingo where "things" are done in reverse order than in my mother's era, when a female was married prior to pregnancy, or at least an attempt was made to convince everyone that the birth was "premature"...my current Caretaker has a sister who was born healthy and thriving at 6 months and 8 pounds...winky, winky...

Oh, I do so miss Bongo Bill. He could have taken care of all these inane questions and innuendos.

Sincerely,
The Widder Belle

Happy travels to all,
Belle

Next

Return to The Adventures of Belle