Come out, come out wherever you are!!

Come out, come out wherever you are!!

Postby retiredhappy » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:06 am

Okay spring is officially here so its time for you to come out of hibernation. Its been way too long since we've heard from you.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Re: Come out, come out wherever you are!!

Postby kdmac » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:22 pm

Well, here it is Spring again, the sprinkles of yellow daffodils, purple crocuses, (or is that croci? ) and silver pussywillows have been out for some time now, trees are red with buds and the urge to move on has hit hard. I plan to ask the managers if they will refund my full month payment if I leave on the first instead of the 16 April; some places don't do that but this one doesn't have that stated in their documentation. I plan to head to the Rogue River area in southern Oregon, then over to South Central oregon into Juniper and sage country to kayak the reservoirs there...hopefully full of Spring time bird activity. After a month of being in those two places I plan to drop straight down into Nevada and very slowly work my way to Cedar City Utah to spend the rest of the summer exploring the National Parks there and the Four Corners cliff dwelling areas. Then in late September I will head down into Arizona to spend the winter.

The newest thing around here now is an earthquake forecasted to happen within the next four days. I was up to the hardware store yesterday and heard employees and customers talking about the whole thing. They had themselves all worked up about it. There is no chance that any one can precisely predict an earthquake, it isn't possible to know when earth's crust is going to slip. For as long as quake activity has been able to be recorded there has been daily activitiy three hundred miles out off the coast of Oregon this "predictor" can easily claim that activity as his victory. I took a drive the other day and stopped in a little old time grocery store, the weathered and wizened old gal in there told me of the foolish Portlanders that were buying up all the potassium chloride in fear that radiation would make it the six thousand miles across the ocean from Japan. They were feeding this stuff to their children and themselves. People will forever be like herd animals....easily panicked, quick to stampede.

I see a chipmunk outside, they are out of hibernation, all is well.
kdmac

Postby Bethers » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:23 pm

I haven't seen Belle since the FL gtg. Will give Nan a bit of slack - she did have surgery - but isn't Belle taking care of you Nan? If not, she needs a good talking to!!!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Gentleladybear » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:02 pm

Well if Belle could remember how to sign in she has pictures.
Nan
Gentleladybear

Return to The Adventures of Belle