Just hanging out in the snow

Re: Just hanging out in the snow

Postby flick4411 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:34 pm

Just one question? Who the hell is Belle??? And why would she be wanting a DS? I'm sooooooo confused.... :cry: :shock: :? :?

Li Lammert
Winnebago Aspect 30C
Cat Owner--or is it Owned by Cats?
(Encino and the Kuwaiti Kitty, Habbibi)
flick4411

Postby mitch5252 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:40 pm

flick4411 wrote:Just one question? Who the hell is Belle??? And why would she be wanting a DS? I'm sooooooo confused.... :cry: :shock: :? :?

Li...
.......Image

mitch5252

Postby flick4411 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:41 pm

I'm dead serious...I cannot figure out who Belle is and why she'd trade a sweater for a mitten...enlighten me please. Maybe I'm just too tired to get it, but I clearly don't
!!!!

Li Lammert
Winnebago Aspect 30C
flick4411

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:50 pm

Li...Belle is our mascot.. :D ..she started her life with us a couple of years ago, when Sprinter and Paulette presented her to me to care for....she has had many caretakers and adventures since then....Alaska to the beaches in Mexico and many places in between.....you'll need to read the first posts in the GTG thread and of course, a good place to read is her section here....and Liz got her a sweater, I believe, last year at the FL GTG....Hope this helps.... ;)
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby flick4411 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:52 pm

Bless you, Lori! Now that I have gone back to look at the pictures, I'm guessing Belle is the little pink flamingo??? Thank you for explaining, cuz I was totally flumoxed! I will go back and get caught on the life of Belle!

Li Lammert
Winnebago Aspect 30C
flick4411

Postby mitch5252 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:04 pm

She was kidnapped by a Band of Desperados once. And the handsome and brave and intelligent Herschel rescued her. It was quite the adventure.

mitch5252

Postby BarbaraRose » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:40 pm

OMG!!! Li, I am laughing so hard, the cat jumped off the bed and ran away!!! I can imagine that this all sounded pretty strange, not knowing who Belle is!!

She has had quite an interesting life with the gals here! Gets into trouble at times, like when she got kidnapped at the AR GTG last September! She barely made it out alive! Herschel (The Wonder Dog) saved her life! She can be pretty naive at times but also very clever as well! She has different caretakers and gets passed along at GTG's to new caretakers occasionally, for new and exciting adventures!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby BirdbyBird » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:25 am

She is quite adventurous about life and is vocal at being left behind in the cabinets and not included in adventures (I speak from experience here!) We love her but the responsibility to supervise the activities (trouble) she can get into...... :lol: Well, and we don't always talk about it much but she seems a bit of a drinker..... So I guess for a little pink "Bell", she is a grown up but her focus appears to be on the fun and little about consequences..... :roll: :lol: We were all hoping that Sunshinecruiser would be a good role model for her..... :shock: :lol: :lol:
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby mitch5252 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:32 am

BirdbyBird wrote: We were all hoping that Sunshinecruiser would be a good role model for her..... :shock: :lol: :lol:

But many of us knew better.

mitch5252

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:48 pm

Li....I did a little research about Belle.....She became this Forum's mascot on July 19, 2008 in Lancaster, PA at the 2008 PA GTG....I cared for her until the 2008 TX GTG where she was passed to Liz. Then on the road to Alaska in May 2009, Liz passed Belle to Beth to keep an eye on her and to see the sights there....then in Sept. 2009 after spending months in a closet....Belle convinced Beth that she would see alot more if she was passed to Sparkle (Jean) on their trip for the winter in Mexico....boy did she have a grand time.... ;) So in June of 2010, while visiting with Tina, Herschel and the gang, Belle heard how much fun it was to travel with a GHL, Herschel and the gang, and the "Twins", so she talked with Jean about her tagging along with Tina.....Then while attending the Famous or Infamous AR GTG in Oct. 2010, Belle was passed to Carolyn (Sunshinecruiser) where her life had been anything but boring....kidnappings, playing Bingo, making candy, eating shortcake, and living with many, many other flamingos, parrots, etc.....Now you are up to date on Belle.....

BTW, She has inspired my getting Petula, my 4ft. flamingo who lights up our site here and also inspired some of us to purchase shirts at the TX GTG mentioned above....which then inspired Beth to set up an online store with Belle inspired shirts, sweatshirts, cups, etc....also there you will find our Forum's 2011 calender....

Belle, the pink Flamingo, has been Our Mascot here for a long time....and we all love her.... :D ;) Hope you get to meet her someday soon.... ;)
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby flick4411 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:50 pm

ROFLMAO!!!! :lol: ;) :lol: :( :o :lol: :lol: :D

Li Lammert
Winnebago Aspect 30C
flick4411

Postby Bethers » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:13 pm

I think I just decided Belle has to be in a picture on the cover of the 2012 Calendar. So Belle caregivers this year - make sure you get some great shots - preferably with some great backgrounds - including Belle. Pretty please.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:28 pm

(Li, ask about the "Twins"...) :lol: :o
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby BirdbyBird » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:14 am

Then she will just have to ask about "which twins"? Red and Red :lol: :lol: or Lil' M and Lil' V :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Knowing Mitch some links to threads may (or may not) be provided.....
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby mitch5252 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:19 am

BirdbyBird wrote:Then she will just have to ask about "which twins"? Red and Red :lol: :lol: or Lil' M and Lil' V :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Knowing Mitch some links to threads may (or may not) be provided.....

I do have CRS, but wasn't there yet another set of "twins"...they traveled with Cousin Sunshine???

mitch5252

PreviousNext

Return to The Adventures of Belle