A Good Day!

A Good Day!

Postby Sparkle » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:33 pm

Bethers, Sparkle and I decided to view the sunset at the Grand Canyon. Sparkle held on tight because I could feel my wings quivering I wanted to fly over it so bad.

People were enjoying the view from the patio of the Lodge.

I don't know if you can see the new moon. There are controlled burns so there is smoke in the Canyon. It made for good colors.

Bethers didn't know she was in this photo of Brighty the Mule.

Then we went to the Stetson Saloon. All I did was dip my beak in Sparkle's Bloody Mary.

Woops! :oops:
Sparkle

Re: A Good Day!

Postby retiredhappy » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:00 pm

Belle, its so good to see you out and about and having so much fun (burp) or maybe too much fun?
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Paulette » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:05 pm

Ah Belle, looks like you had a good dip of Sparkle's drink! :lol: Glad to see you are having a Grand time at the canyon.
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby OutandAbout » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:21 pm

Hey Belle, it's great to see you out and about. I can see good things happening with your new caretaker, besides partaking of her beverage. The old My caretaker took me to ...... and I didn't even get the t-shirt days are long gone. :o :lol: Enjoy your new adventures. Linda
OutandAbout

Postby Carolinagal » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:32 pm

You're sure at a beautiful place, Belle. Looks like you have a nice new friend too. She's already put you to work and now she protecting you, You must'nt try to fly there !!! This Bloody Mary thing, you must be careful, to many of those falls, might injure you. So glad to see you out and about !!!

Safe travels,
Carol
Carolinagal

Postby VickieP » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:06 pm

Oh, Belle, so good to see you going out on new adventures and Sparkle is looking out for your good health, making sure you eat,,,um drink your vegetables so you can be big and strong!
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby JanetA » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:54 pm

It's a bloody mary morning, baby left me w/o warning....sometime in the night.......... Willie....
ImageImageImage
JanetA

Postby Cedar518 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:19 pm

JanetA wrote:It's a bloody mary morning, baby left me w/o warning....sometime in the night.......... Willie....

ahhhhh THE man!

Belle, be careful, that first gulp can be a tricky one! :lol:
Cedar518

Postby mitch5252 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:38 pm

Now I'm the one needing a spew alert...

Oh, Belle... I think you are in for a Grand Adventure!
But puh-leez don't let this become YOU...

Travel safe (Sparkle will keep you safe, I'm sure).
Be good.
If you can't be good, be careful.

mitch5252

Postby avalen » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:20 pm

:lol: oh my goodness, good thing Sparkle was hanging on to you, and how was
the bloody mary? do you even remember :lol:
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Bethers » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:22 pm

No, I kept her safe - but adventureless. Sparkle is giving her adventure and getting her snookered and in dangerous predicaments. Hahaha - and I'm glad Belle and Sparkle are together.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby sunshinecruiserTN » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:09 pm

Hey Belle, you are truly one of the girls now and with that loooong sip w/out the campfire. You go girl! :lol:
Live, Laugh, Love
TN/FL
sunshinecruiserTN

Postby Nasoosie » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:46 pm

Belle, Belle, Belle----you are a bird after my own heart! Your version of a sip is much like my own!! Although I don't sip nourishing drinks like bloody marys, I do sip healthy recipe now and then! When I meet you, you will delight in a 'sip' of that!

So good to see you out and about, and glad that Sparkle kept you from trying to fly over the canyon---THAT would not have been a good thing for a flamingo! Your beak is designed for sipping, for sure---NOT for crunching canyon prey!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby Sparkle » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:06 pm

Mitch, your overhung Flamingo reminded me of when I worked in a restaurant bar in Los Gatos, California. We had lots of decorations, one of them being a life size stuffed figure of an old woman. I put her on a stool, with her head down on the bar, a cigarette between her fingers and half a glass of beer. People were talking in whispers around her, not wanting to waken her. (No, you smart a@@@@@! It wan't me!)
Sparkle

Postby Liz » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:57 am

Oh, Belle...the places you'll see! Beautiful sunset photos. I hope Sparkle realizes how delicate your wings are, and how easily broken. I just know how you felt wanting to be a condor and soar off over the abyss. I remember the time you stayed too long at sunset in Keaton Beach. Tell Sparkle to be very careful because Carol's Bill (the driver) and his workshop are not around to perform reconstructive surgery should you have a "mishap."
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Return to The Adventures of Belle