Bed for Belle?

Bed for Belle?

Postby mitch5252 » Wed May 06, 2009 3:27 pm

LIz, does Belle have her own bed for the long trip to AK?
Is she housebroken?
What do you feed her - small metal shrimp and small metal insects?
(she is metal, isn't she?)
mitch5252

Re: Bed for Belle?

Postby Lotus » Thu May 07, 2009 9:08 am

Good questions!! Things most of us probably have pondered!! Love your sense of humor!!!!

Lotus (Becky)
Lotus

Postby Belle » Thu May 07, 2009 12:53 pm

Oh, my dear Mitchie, you don’t know much about us birds do you? It’s a nest, dearie, a nest! And it’s the finest pink plush nest any bird would envy, don’t you think? It doubles as a carrying bag for me and my travel journal. My very first caretaker, Lori, got it for me. I do miss Lori…she took such good care of me.

Not that Liz was mean to me, we’ve had some grand adventures, but Liz is, well, let’s just say that sometimes she’s a bit careless I think,… just my opinion. Like there’s the time she forgot me sitting out on a piling at Keaton Beach after dark. I thought I was a goner for sure. Then, and I notice she never told you this, there was the time my wing came off and she couldn’t find it. I knew right where it was of course, but Liz was convinced it was lost forever. When she finally found it, she glued it back in place and I’m as beautiful as ever, so I’ve forgiven her.

Now I’ll tell you, things are all aflutter here, with just one more day of preparation for my biggest adventure ever! Everyone is very excited (except Bandit…that cat won’t get excited until Liz puts him in the rv…then watch out!).

Housebroken? How could you even ask such a thing, hmmmph! :roll: I will tell you that my feathers are made of the finest pink enameled metal that China manufactures. And because of that, I don’t eat, but I can call YOU to dinner with my bell!

You'll be hearing from me soon!
Happy travels to all,
Belle, the womenrv.com mascot
Belle

Postby bluepinecones » Thu May 07, 2009 10:58 pm

A truly outstanding little nest you have there. I'm sure it will be the envy of all the birds you meet along the way. But you must be very careful of all the other new critters you meet on this next journey. Don't think AK has any pink enamel eating thingies but keep an eye out just in case.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby mitch5252 » Fri May 08, 2009 12:56 pm

Oh, Belle - your bed looks like it'll sure keep you warm on your upcoming adventure...try not to wander too far off from your caretaker, or the grizzlies might get ya. Of course, you can't help it if you're left behind on some dock...wingless, to boot. I hope you make it back to the lower 48 in one piece...I'd like to meet you some day!

Oh, by the way, is any of this yours? :o

mitch5252

Postby Bethers » Fri May 08, 2009 2:17 pm

Oh my gosh, Belle, some of your relatives are allowing them to bottle their poop. I'm so glad you have more class than that - we've never even seen any poop from you - you hide it so well. Looking forward to seeing you again in a few weeks, Belle.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Nasoosie » Sat May 09, 2009 7:33 am

WOW! It looks as if you have the most posh accomodations in the whole Alaskan caravan, Bell!!

Looks as if Liz has been VERY good to you, if you ask me. After all, how could she have known you wanted to watch that sunset from the piling until there was no more color in the sky!

Happy nesting----a flamingo in Alaska will be very unique!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:45 am

:lol: :lol: Oh, Belle, I miss you, too!!! Glad to see that your pink nest/pouch is working well for you....and I'm sure it will be a nice warm place for you on your trip with the gals to Alaska.....I hope you have reminded Liz, and now Beth, to be sure you take time to write in the journal......I hope someday, to visit with you and read it......and yes, I seem to remember a sweater you got in Florida... :lol: ....
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Return to The Adventures of Belle