Red Hat Ladies go to a...

Red Hat Ladies go to a...

Postby Belle » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:07 pm

I was so excited….I have never been to a Greek Festival before.

I had a bird’s eye view from atop Liz’s red hat.

Liz told me she’s not really a red hat type. She feels kind of silly wearing purple and a red hat in public places, but this is just one of the sacrifices she makes for her friends. I told her I could do that too, so she found me a red hat.

These are actually Spanish olive trees, not Greek olive trees, because Greek olives don’t grow well in Florida. Liz stopped to ask a question of the grower and I’ll tell you, for the next 15 minutes I learned more than I’ll ever need to know about the care and feeding of olive trees.

Speaking of feeding, this festival was all about the food. Liz ate a Greek salad.

We skipped dessert, but there was plenty.

I guess Greek coffee is twice as good as American coffee.

We watched this lady for a few minutes hoping to get a picture of the flaming cheese while it was flaming…but never saw that happen.

If you didn’t get enough food here, you can buy some more to take home.

There were Greek crafts for sale too. Well Italy is close to Greece.

Hand painted stacking dolls

I was expecting more colorful Greek dancing, and well just plain more…but this single musician played a lively tune while this couple danced.

Liz actually made a video clip of this dance, but you really don’t need to see it ….looks just like the picture and just as boring.

Except for the food that people seemed to be enjoying, I’d have to say the Greek Festival was a bust…maybe it’s the economy? Outside the building there was a Greek Bazaar?

Greek yard sale?

Greek slide for a couple of kids

Greek face painting…these Greek clowns looked pretty lonely with no faces to paint

There was no line for Greek massages

Bungee jumping had a few takers

We weren’t the only ones in funny hats

It came down to taking pictures of a pretty flower growing in the parking lot

But we all put on a happy face for you

I don’t think I’m the red hat type either.
Happy travels to all,
Belle, the womenrv.com mascot
Belle

Re: Red Hat Ladies go to a...

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:12 am

Belle....you sure look nice on Liz's cap.....too bad the crowd was thin.....thanks for sharing the photos....
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby NakedPupsAndMe » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:18 am

Belle you look mahvelous in your red hat & so does Liz! :D Looks like a lot of fun at the festival, but no way would I have gotten outta there w/o having some baklava. The pastries look so good. I think you two are very good sports to wear red hats for your friends. :D
NakedPupsAndMe

Postby Bethers » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:03 am

Was the festival a bust because there were few people, or were there few people cuz this festival is known for being a bust? LOL - Either way- still looks like you had a good day - as all days spent with friends are good ones.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby retiredhappy » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:20 am

Belle, I LOVE your red hat - very classy.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Cedar518 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:34 pm

yea, doesn't look like there was a lively festival. I guess the economy has a lot of folks staying home and counting their very few pennies. I know i started doing that last summer. I'll bet they put a lot of work into that gathering, and then got the small crowd. sad.

Re: red hats,... I've been asked to join a group here. I asked my friend what it was all about,.. she said to have fun and prove that we were "independent women" ... well, I declined graciously and said that I prove I'm independent when i hitch my camper and take off! different things for different people, that's what makes our diverse world so interesting! Nobody is right, nobody is wrong, we're just different.
Cedar518

Postby sunshinecruiserTN » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:09 am

Amen, Cedar!! :)

Belle, bet you were the bell of that festival!
Live, Laugh, Love
TN/FL
sunshinecruiserTN

Postby Nasoosie » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:02 pm

Belle, I can't WAIT to meet you in the feathers! You really make the rounds! Stylish hat you have!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Return to The Adventures of Belle