11/22/63

Talk about your favorite books, Review Books, Monthly Book Club

11/22/63

Postby grammynmaggie » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:19 pm

Do you remember where you were and what you were doing on that day?
I am sure we all do...
Good book I just read. Stephen King’s 11/22/63
A man stumbles across a porthole to the past, and inlist the help of another to go back in time and try and change history by stopping the assassination of JFK. There is a lot more involved, other side story’s of the main person involved in his life, and how he handles going back in time. This is not like other King’s book that are scary and sometimes very nasty.I stopped reading King becauce of how nasty they got . I am pretty sure anyone of you would like it….I would share it but it is my DD’s book and she wants it back. It took awhile to read has over 800 pages. I tried not to read it fast, as it was so good I did not want it to end. Now that I am finished I feel kinda lost lol lol
grammynmaggie

Re: 11/22/63

Postby sunshinecruiserTN » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:03 pm

I also loved that book and felt the same way when it ended. I downloaded it to my Nook Color if anyone wants me to Lend It for 14 days.
Live, Laugh, Love
TN/FL
sunshinecruiserTN

Postby sharon » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:05 pm

I have it, just haven't read it yet...I've been saving it for a "rainy" day. I love Steve King!
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby Bethers » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:28 pm

Same as Sharon, I own it but haven't read it yet. Have uploaded so many books to my nook, and this winter am reading real books because of the extensive library at the park I'm at. Good to know those who have read it have enjoyed it. I, too, like Stephen King.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby cnq50b » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:21 pm

Placed a hold on it at the library - sounds like it'd be a great one on audio CD for a trip...
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Postby HorizonSeeker » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:23 pm

I will have to download that one. Sounds good. I just read one called Nemesis based on the first real serial killer in the US, in Cleveland of all places. Big reason it interested me: it was the first big case worked by Elliott Ness after putting away Capone. And it was never solved. Author did a good job of blending facts with fiction. A good read if you like crime novels or fact based fiction.
www.horizonseeker55.blogspot.com
One (re) tired teacher and a spoiled fox terrier in a 24' Itasca Spirit
HorizonSeeker

Return to Book Talk