Wanted Man by Lee Child

Talk about your favorite books, Review Books, Monthly Book Club

Re: Wanted Man by Lee Child

Postby Bethers » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:56 pm

There's a really good (big) library here at the park I'm working now. It's not a trading - but a borrowing - and I borrowed a Jeffrey Archer book of some of his short stories. Do any of you read him? I like his books; slightly different feeling to them, being as they are in Great Britain. I read one of his books of short stories once before ad am thoroughly enjoying these - The book is "Cat O'Nine Tails". I'll probably finish it tonight.

Good thing - I'll not be reading all the ebooks I have - will keep borrowing while here. Might as well grow my book collection and find some here to read instead.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby havingfunnow » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:13 am

How lovely to have a library right there! That is a really fortunate thing. I'd probably go nuts without borrowing privileges.

I haven't read Jeffrey Archer yet, although I enjoyed Reginald Hill's Dalzeil & Pascoe novels. Isn't it strange how the language, the customs, and even the thought patterns can be so similar, yet with such distinct differences? I like that when I read books from other English-speaking countries.
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Postby mtngal » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:27 am

So many great recommendations! Making a list.....
Diana
mtngal

Previous

Return to Book Talk