Audio Books

Talk about your favorite books, Review Books, Monthly Book Club

Audio Books

Postby mtngal » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:43 am

Hi all, for my drive out this time I borrowed "Street of a Thousand Blossoms" by Gail Tsukiyama from local library. I *loved* listening to this wonderful book for those long hours on the road. In future I will always have an audio book or maybe two along for trips. No sure how many hours total, but there are 12 cds for this book!

Other books I have read by Tsukiyama are "Samurai's Garden" and "Women of the Silk". Both are good, but Samurai's Garden is my favorite.

Do any of you listen to audio books while on road?
Diana
mtngal

Re: Audio Books

Postby Bethers » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:07 am

I listened to audio books years ago on car trips - but discovered when driving I like upbeat and music more - all those years ago I was usually the passenger more than the driver. (Might also be because with my hearing loss, listening to audio books is more difficult for me now.) But for those who like listening - yep, I agree with you - they would be a great companion on the road.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Return to Book Talk