The Lacuna

Talk about your favorite books, Review Books, Monthly Book Club

The Lacuna

Postby Bethers » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:07 pm

The Lacuna - by Barbara Kingsolver.
I've read her in the past, so when I saw "The Lacuna" in the bargain bin at the store, I picked it up. What a wonderful read. And I learned a lot also. Or was reminded of much that I should never have forgotten about our country in the McCarthy era. I suppose I should say our world during that era. While this book is a novel, the setting of that era and what happens then is real, including some excerpts she uses in the book. She does this so well, that in my mind some of her characters are now real people from that time.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Re: The Lacuna

Postby mtngal » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:58 pm

I'm a big fan of Barbara Kingslover too; but haven't read this one yet. Thanks for reminder!
Diana
mtngal

Re: The Lacuna

Postby Bethers » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:28 pm

mtngal wrote:I'm a big fan of Barbara Kingslover too; but haven't read this one yet. Thanks for reminder!

If Molly finishes it, she says she's giving me back the book. If you haven't read it by the March GTG in TX and I have it - I'll pass it on. Meantime, if I do get it back, I intend to reread it. I might have to bite the bullet and pay the ebook price for this one.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Return to Book Talk