Gone Tomorrow by Lee Child

Talk about your favorite books, Review Books, Monthly Book Club

Gone Tomorrow by Lee Child

Postby JoanE » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:46 pm

Couldn't put it down. 543 pages in a day. There were times I was afraid to read the next sentence. USA said "Hold on tight....action packed series starring ex-military cop/pit bull Jack Reacher, and it may be the best...This novel will give you whip lash as you rabidly turn pages packed with layers of intrigue, murder, deceit and mystery."
ImageMaggie Mae (Jack Russell "terror")
http://www.emptyponder.blogspot.com
JoanE

Re: Gone Tomorrow by Lee Child

Postby Bethers » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:38 pm

I like Lee Child and the Jack Reacher series. WIll have to keep my eyes out for this one. Thanks for the heads up.

On edit - will have to research. I never remember book names. And there are a couple more in the series already after this one, so I may have read it. Someday I'd like go go back to the 1st in the series and read them all in order. I'm sure I've missed some and, like I said, I like his books and the Jack Reacher serious in particular.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby JoanE » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:39 pm

I belong to paperbackswap.com and have already ordered several more of his books.
JoanE

Postby OutandAbout » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:35 pm

Sounds like my kind of book. Will be looking into the author. Thanks for the heads up. Linda
OutandAbout

Postby JoanE » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:53 am

Beth,

I just rec'd a credit when you joined Paperbackswap. Thanks! Didn't even know about the referral program.
JoanE

Postby mtngal » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:54 am

Timely review! I had recently made a list of his books.
Now I will start through his work! Thanks. :)
Diana
mtngal

Postby Bethers » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:27 am

JoanE wrote:Beth,

I just rec'd a credit when you joined Paperbackswap. Thanks! Didn't even know about the referral program.

Joan, it asked who referred you - so I came back and got your email address so that I could put you in. Figured you might get something. I got my 2 credits and ordered 2 books. Now may never order again, cuz with the way I travel I doubt I'll have enough new books to add to get credits. We shall see. If I had belonged when I was in a Stick and Brick - would have been great.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Return to Book Talk