The Art of Racing in the Rain

Talk about your favorite books, Review Books, Monthly Book Club

The Art of Racing in the Rain

Postby Bethers » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:55 pm

Thought I posted about this here, but see I didn't. I've been wanting to read this book since it came out about 2 years ago. One of the ladies here had it and we've all been passing it around. LOVED it. It's written by the dog (told from the dog's perspective) and of course, I cried at the beginning and the end. But I also laughed a lot. And thought a lot. If you don't like racing (car racing) in any form, you might not like the book quite as much, but would still get a lot from it, I think - unless you don't like dogs!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Re: The Art of Racing in the Rain

Postby BirdbyBird » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:21 pm

Read it..... liked it! :lol:
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby AlmostThere » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:04 pm

Bethers wrote:Thought I posted about this here, but see I didn't. I've been wanting to read this book since it came out about 2 years ago. One of the ladies here had it and we've all been passing it around. LOVED it. It's written by the dog (told from the dog's perspective) and of course, I cried at the beginning and the end. But I also laughed a lot. And thought a lot. If you don't like racing (car racing) in any form, you might not like the book quite as much, but would still get a lot from it, I think - unless you don't like dogs!

I see it's also in video-book form.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ0CTcU0Fd0
AlmostThere

Postby Bethers » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:31 pm

That trailer was neat. Thanks for that Lenora. And as much as I liked it it also confirms the reason I have trouble with movies and trailers - I had a totally different voice in my head for Enzo lol and kept wanting to hear his voice change. Alas, it didn't :)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Return to Book Talk