Invisible, Ivy Malone Mystery Series #1

Talk about your favorite books, Review Books, Monthly Book Club

Invisible, Ivy Malone Mystery Series #1

Postby Redetotry » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:37 pm

I really enjoyed Invisible which is free on Kindle, had to pay for the others in the series but I was hooked. In the other books she ends up traveling in an RV having more adventures and matchmaking. Fun light reading.

From the Back Cover
She's not your average crime fighter! Meet Ivy Malone, an inconspicuous older woman who has a mutant curiosity gene that often lands her in trouble. Unlike most women her age, she snoops and pries her gray-haired self into one hilarious escapade after another. So when vandals romp through the local cemetery, Ivy can't help but put her snooping eyes to work as she launches her own unofficial investigation. Despite her unconventional sleuthing, Ivy soon becomes discouraged by her failure to turn up any solid clues. And after Ivy witnesses something ominous and unexplained, she can't resist putting her investigative powers to work again. Even the authorities' attempts to keep her out of danger and her nosy neighbor's match-making schemes can't slow Ivy down. But will the determination that fuels this persistent, spunky sleuth threaten her very safety? "I laughed out loud. McCourtney's charming mystery debuts a voice both enchanting and startling."-Colleen Coble, author of Without a Trace "McCourtney's skill at blending whimsy, quirks, and questions into a lead character makes Invisible a must read."-Lois Richer, author of Dangerous Sanctuary "Invisible is a treat! Ivy Malone is a heroine with spunk and determination!"-Carol Cox, author of A Stitch in Time
See all Editorial Reviews
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Re: Invisible, Ivy Malone Mystery Series #1

Postby AlmostThere » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:00 pm

With my "new" eyesight I'm looking forward to reading again without getting eye strain and headaches. Will go check out this book for sure. Thanks!
AlmostThere

Postby Bethers » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:11 am

If you are looking for this book - there are many books by this name. The author is: Lorena McCourtney. Free on B&N also.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby asirimarco » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:53 pm

Does any one remember the Mrs. Polifax series from years ago. The little old lady working for the CIA?
I'd like to re read them.
asirimarco

Postby Bethers » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:30 am

Carol, I haven't thought of those books in years - written by Dorothy GIlman. Will watch for them in garages sales, etc. as I think I'd enjoy reading them again, too.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby asirimarco » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:39 am

Enjoyed the first Ivy Malone book so of course had to download the second one just started it. Interesting comment about becoming invisible LOL..
asirimarco

Return to Book Talk