Looking for a good book to read

Talk about your favorite books, Review Books, Monthly Book Club

Looking for a good book to read

Postby CherylV » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:00 pm

Wow, it has been so long since I have had the leisure time to read a fiction book, I just don't know where to start. I've spent the last 20 years with my nose in midwifery,nursing, and medical books. :geek: Now I want to relax and read something fictional without an agenda. Hope I can get some good suggestions here. So, has anyone read any good books lately? 8-)
Cheryl :D
Love inspires Love...Please Pass it on <3
CherylV

Re: Looking for a good book to read

Postby Cheerio » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:25 pm

So many books, so little time..... The Outside Boy is wonderful.
Cheerio
Cheerio

Postby Redetotry » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:20 am

I'm listening to South of Broad by Pat Conroy right now and I really like it. Also look through here, there are 4 pages of suggestions. This is a link to where I find a lot of free Kindle books for my iPhone. It list the top 100 paid books along side the top 100 FREE books!

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Kind ... 5RA8ME8VWW
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby mtngal » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:46 pm

I liked 'South of Broad' too. Recently read 'War Brides'. Great surprise ending.
Diana
mtngal

Postby Lennie » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:14 pm

What kind of reading do you enjoy and what era? I worked in libraries and book stores for years (and years) but since i retired in sept am reading all the books other people raved about and some classics-- i try to have a lightweight fiction (for insomnia ) and a fiction and an nonfiction going at any one time... i am going thru biographies of people (and the background of the places they grew up) If you could remember the last book you really like i am sure i could come up with others that would "fit" your interests
Lennie

Postby MrsHomeSweetRoam » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:06 am

The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova :D
Gena, traveling with her husband Russell and their "velcro dogs" Mike and Hazen.
Follow along as they grow and learn and live out their dream; http://www.HomeSweetRoam.com
MrsHomeSweetRoam

Return to Book Talk