Kindle

Talk about your favorite books, Review Books, Monthly Book Club

Re: Kindle

Postby sharon » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:49 pm

Stopped by the library on my way home from the gym and talked to the librarian about downloading books to an e-reader from the library. He showed me how and I asked him if you could download books onto a Kindle. He said he didn't know, but for sure you could on the Nook. That pretty much seals the deal for me. Now to go explore and see if I can remember how to do it. Knowing me, I'll have to make another trip down there with pad and pencil this time....but you never know, sometimes I even surprise myself! :lol:
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby Bethers » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:45 pm

The library here says you can't download any books to the Kindle - their proprietary status again - same as can't buy from other sources. That's exactly what sealed the deal for me - buying or borrowing. Hey, when we both have one, Sharon, we'll have to exchange books sometimes. You can only do that once per bookn (when allowed by the publisher) - but might as well do it and get the most out of everything we can.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby sharon » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:44 pm

Well now I'm really bummed, all my library has is audio books, which I'm not in the least interested in. Doesn't change my mind about the Nook, just have to find other places to download from. Audio books put me to sleep and I can't seem to keep my mind on them. Sometimes my mind has a mind of its own and goes wandering...at least with a book I can re-read what I missed while my mind was in Tahiti! :lol:
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby Bethers » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:46 am

hahaha - I don't do the audio books, either. But see if a nearby library has the regular ebooks to lend. Some of them you can even do it online now - so ask about that, too. And if you are into classics, there are a lot of them free on the B&N website - haven't looked at the Amazon free ones yet - doesn't do me any good to keep looking when I don't have the dang thing yet :)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Previous

Return to Book Talk