Travels With Charley

Talk about your favorite books, Review Books, Monthly Book Club

Travels With Charley

Postby Redetotry » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:09 am

I read John Steinbeck's book, Travel With Charley years ago and remember nothing of the book. When I started reading it again recently I was amazed at how his description of how his his desire to travel and how he felt when he was on the road was so similar to my thoughts. Makes me wonder, did I form my ideas on my own or did reading this book at an early age shape my thinking.
For those who haven't read it, an especially if you have ever been around a Standard Poodle, I highly recommend the book. It is a story about his travels across the USA with Charley his poodle and their reactions and observations about the country. I haven't finished it yet but so far many of his predictions have come about.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Re: Travels With Charley

Postby Liz » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:29 am

I read it in high school and I'm sure it influenced my desire to "travel with Roe."
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Re: Travels With Charley

Postby Echo » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:32 am

Have never read the book, have only heard about it. Made the decision to try full timing before I heard about it. But it's one that I would really like to read especially now, just haven't picked it up yet. Will have to remedy that real quick. ;)
Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

Return to Book Talk