Nicholas Sparks books

Talk about your favorite books, Review Books, Monthly Book Club

Nicholas Sparks books

Postby Christine » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:54 am

Anyone read the Nicholas Sparks books? I always cant wait till another one comes out! Make sure I have one when I go camping... I get so ingrossed in them it takes me 2 days... and I am NOT a book person... inbetween them I try to read the Debbie MaComber books..
I like their books.. nice romances'
Christine

Re: Nicholas Sparks books

Postby VickieP » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:50 am

I know I've read The Notebook and I think one or two others. I don't buy a lot of books, mostly read the ones my sister passes to me after she reads them.
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby VickieP » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:57 pm

I'm reading one of his books now, Dear John, there was a movie made from it too. I always enjoy the books better, I'm about 1/2 way thru it. Has anybody else read it?
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby Nasoosie » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:09 am

READ??? What does that mean?? I was a high school librarian for about 12 years, and got 'book overdose'!

I will admit, however, that I am exactly in the middle of a non-fiction book (the only books I EVER read) called "Under the Banner of Heaven" by Jon Krakauer. It's the story of the Mormon Religion. I began it last July when I broke my ribs, and I am all the way up to page 180 now! As you can see, I don't much like sitting down, which is required for reading, usually, unless you have books on tape or some other such media, on a device you can wear around while working or walking or whatever. And this is a book I actually like, as I love the way Krakauer writes. I loved both his "Into the Wild" and his "Into Thin Air."
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Return to Book Talk