Suggestions for October Book

Talk about your favorite books, Review Books, Monthly Book Club

Suggestions for October Book

Postby Paulette » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:53 pm

I thought I'd open the forum to suggestions for a book for October, (and a volunteer to lead the discussions), that way we can work on getting the next book picked out.
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Re: Suggestions for October Book

Postby oliveoil » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:52 pm

I can't do anything until after we get moved & our auctions over with----some time after Nov probably---------then I will be glad to be a part---but no time until then!!!!!!!!!
But it sounds like fun!!!!!!!! OO
oliveoil

Postby Bethers » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:38 am

An Idea - how about if people sign up to pick a book for a certain month? So, who would like to pick for the October book - which would be given Sept 1? Etc etc - If some of us would take a month, we shouldn't have a problem - and whoever takes the month has total decision of the book chosen.

What do you think?
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Paulette » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:04 pm

That works for me.
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby mtngal » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:07 pm

Sounds like a good idea to me.....I'll take November. (Can't do Oct as internet connection might not be reliable).

Still no book from Amazon, I'm getting impatient! ;)
Diana
mtngal

Postby oliveoil » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:46 pm

Can't wait to get moved & auctions over with & get settled in-- to be a part of this!!!!!!
oliveoil

Postby MsBHaven » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:56 pm

Just reading the post and tomorrow is September 1. I've never been in a book club, just thought I'd remind the rest of you that tomorrow is when you wanted to pick your October book.
2013 Thor Chateau Citation Sprinter - 24' 10" - 2 slides

Ms"B"Haven (Margie)

3 Chihuahuas (Buddy, Annie, Maggie)
MsBHaven

Postby Bethers » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:46 pm

Someone signed up to pick the November book - but no one has for October. Anyone interested? If not, I bought a new book (haven't read it yet) that came highly recommended and will post it for October.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Sunseeker » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:51 am

Beth, go ahead and post your idea for October. I haven't quite finished Gap Creek yet, but will be interested to see our next selection. I thought your Art of Racing in the Rain exerpt was great also.
Sunseeker Jill
also Tommy and furkids Sami and Molly
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Return to Book Talk