Gap Creek by Robert Morgan

Talk about your favorite books, Review Books, Monthly Book Club

Gap Creek by Robert Morgan

Postby Paulette » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:50 pm

Okay, for anyone interested, this is our book selection for September. Remember, as Beth said, I'll start the discussion in Early September and we'll roll from there.

Preface, I have never done a book club of any sort, so hopefully we'll find out what works and doesn't here. Bear with me.

The list price of the book is only $14.00, so we should all be able to afford it or be able to find a used copy at Amazon or elsewhere. It was listed on Oprah's book club a while back. That's where I got the idea from. As said, I've never done this before.
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Re: Gap Creek by Robert Morgan

Postby Bethers » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:36 pm

I'll be going to the local library here to see if I can get a card and borrow the book. I must admit, I haven't paid more than $5 for a book in years and years - so $14 for a paperback is high LOL - especially since any book I buy gets donated into an rv park somewhere for others.

I do think this is an excellent book choice from what I've heard about it. So, library, here I come :)

BTW, I just checked Amazon and they have used copies for very little (although I didn't check what shipping would be): Amazon used Gap Creek copies
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Sunseeker » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:49 pm

Standard shipping on Amazon is $3.99.
Sunseeker Jill
also Tommy and furkids Sami and Molly
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Postby Bethers » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:59 pm

Amazon only has the book at full price - the discounted books are through other parties, therefore shipping is different.

Just checked eBay - some good deals for it there - can spend less than $5 for the book including shipping.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Paulette » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:00 pm

It is also available in paperback for a couple of bucks on Amazon. If you can't find it at the library, try Amazon.

Let me know if anyone has a hard time finding it.

OOPS, sorry Beth I didn't see your post first.
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby Sunseeker » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:50 pm

I just ordered one used (Amazon site) and including shipping total was $5.74. I read an exerpt and can't wait till this gets here to read it all!
Sunseeker Jill
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Postby AlmostThere » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:02 pm

I buy 'like new/used' at Amazon most of the time and have had good service. I just bought the book for .01 + 3.99 S&H.
I went to a website and read a excerpt from the book. Looks to be an interesting read.
Thanks Beth for making a place for us on the forum, and Paulette for stepping up first!
AlmostThere

Postby Bethers » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:30 pm

Great price, Lenora. I didn't find that one. I have a bid in on eBay, so will find out tomorrow if I get it - 99 cents plus 3 or 3.50 for shipping. Now, folks, don't go outbidding me LOL - there are more on both eBay and Amazon.
Beth
Bethers

Postby mtngal » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:35 pm

My $.01 (plus shipping!) copy is on it's way from Amazon. Looking forward.....
Diana
mtngal

Postby AlmostThere » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:43 am

Diana, mine is on it's way also! :lol:
AlmostThere

Postby Bethers » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:10 pm

I got my eBay copy- $3.99 total :) - hopefully I'll get it this coming week.
Beth
Bethers

Postby AlmostThere » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:55 pm

Sweet, Beth!
AlmostThere

Postby Sunseeker » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:51 pm

Yipeee, mine arrived today! I was so afraid it wouldn't get here in time to go with me tomorrow. Guess what I'll be reading this month? woo-hoo!
Sunseeker Jill
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Postby AlmostThere » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:10 am

I'm still waiting on mine. I confused an email from Amazon for another book I had ordered )The Next Exit), and thought it was on it's way then. I, then, did get an email that said; being sent Aug 4th, takes 4-14 days for delivery.
I'm excited for us to do this!
AlmostThere

Postby oliveoil » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:57 pm

I won't have time for a few months---but sounds like a lot of fun--- /& want to join you all later------with the book club!!!!!
oliveoil

Next

Return to Book Talk