y Sister's Keeper - the movie

Talk about your favorite books, Review Books, Monthly Book Club

y Sister's Keeper - the movie

Postby kelpie » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:24 pm

Okay, I know many of you read My sister's Keeper in this forum book club. Have any of ou seen the movie? I went tonight and while it was very good, I am furious about the complete change of ending. It's like they completely missed the irony of the book's ending. Anyone else?
Kellie
and Eddie the wonder dog
2000 Four Winds
http://goodsamclub.mytripjournal.com/kelstravels
kelpie

Re: y Sister's Keeper - the movie

Postby VickieP » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:28 pm

I'm waiting for my sister to finish the book and pass it to me. I absolutely hate when the movie screws up a part of the book that was sooooo good, just because it will make it "better" in their opinion. :evil:
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby retiredhappy » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:32 pm

I have a rule - if I liked the book I don't go see the movie. Exodus started that rule. As much as I loved Paul Newman he was NOT Ari Ben Canan.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby AlmostThere » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:49 pm

I just saw The Time Traveler's Wife. If you haven't seen it, don't bother. The book had to be sooo much better. I was really dissappointed. ;)
AlmostThere

Postby mitch5252 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:21 am

AlmostThere wrote:I just saw The Time Traveler's Wife. If you haven't seen it, don't bother. The book had to be sooo much better. I was really dissappointed. ;)

Bummer! I was really looking forward to that movie - I love the concept of time travel.

mitch5252

Postby Cedar518 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:00 am

Time travel fascinates me so I guess I'll go see the movie and plan on not reading the book! :D
Cedar518

Postby BirdbyBird » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:52 am

A agree that changed endings...b/c someone thinks it MIGHT be more marketable.. :cry: Time Travelers....I have been watching the promos and wondering how they were going to handle all the shifts and keep everyone from getting confused....it was interesting enough in the book...you could always stop and think for a moment or double check :) Sometimes I read or see things just to watch the mechanics and structure of the movie or story......I guess that is being entertained in a different manner.
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Return to Book Talk