LILAC GIRLS

Talk about your favorite books, Review Books, Monthly Book Club

LILAC GIRLS

Postby SoCalGalcas » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:35 pm

THIS BOOK TAKES PLACE DURING WW2. I did not know it was a true story until I read the authors notes. Caroline Faraday lived in NY City and Bethehem, Conn. When I told Peggy about the book she said I should put it on the forum...so here it is. One of the other girls is a German Dr. Her part in the story is true. The two Polish sisters are fictional caracters based on real life sisters the Author knew. Martha Hall Kelly is the author. Caroline's home in Conn is now a museum and her garden (with the famous Lilacs) is preserved in Bethlem. I've put it on my bucket list!!!

Many of you know I read lots of books...this year, 2016, I've read 172 books...I keep track of them!!!

lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Re: LILAC GIRLS

Postby MandysMom » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:13 pm

Thanks forbthebrecommend!
Velda
MandysMom

Postby Rufflesgurl » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:31 pm

Thanks for the recommendation Lyn. Appreciate your love for reading. I used to read a lot but now am more active on the computer. I do miss reading books though.

Linda
Rufflesgurl

Postby bluepinecones » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:44 pm

Thanks, Lyn. Impressive number of books annually. I don't read as much as I once did. Seems the print gets smaller every year my eyes get older. Haven't tried reading in iPad yet - that might help.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Return to Book Talk