Rain on Your Wedding Day by Curtis Edmonds

Talk about your favorite books, Review Books, Monthly Book Club

Rain on Your Wedding Day by Curtis Edmonds

Postby MandysMom » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:47 pm

I came upon this book on E Reader IQ which sends a daily list of free to $2.99 books. I hesitated getting a book about a wedding by a man, not sure why, but I did. Really enjoyed this rather complicated story about a retired NFL player who is divorced and lives in the mountains above Atlanta Ga. The story covers several months leading towards his daughters wedding. It is confusing at times until you realize some of his conversations are in his dreams about and with his deceased children. He reunites with his only remaining daughter to walk her down the aisle. It's a interesting story which took me several days on my Kindle but I enjoyed it and the ending was satisfying. No sex scenes though there is a love story line. There is a plot line about mental illness which is handled well I thought of the tragic death of a child several years before the setting of this story. If you are looking for a happy upbeat story, this really isn't though it does have a good ending. Told pretty much completely from a mans point of view and yet he had me understanding his view.
Velda
MandysMom

Return to Book Talk