Alzheimers - What If There Was a Cure?

Talk about your favorite books, Review Books, Monthly Book Club

Alzheimers - What If There Was a Cure?

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:08 pm

This is a great book! It was written by a pediatrician who's husband was diagnosed with early-onset Alzheimers in 2003. After trying several meds on him that didn't work and his condition deteriorating quickly, she discovered coconut oil and got him started on that. That made a huge difference and over the next few months and years, his condition got increasingly better and he has since remained in very good mental health with just a few issues yet. There are many testimonials in the book (and on line) that are really amazing.

The book is an easy read even with all the medical info (which usually bores me to tears!). I have been doing more research myself on the effects of coconut oil and am amazed at how many different illnesses and conditions it is good for. I am now taking it myself to see what it can do for my health. With alzheimers on both sides of my family, I want to do what I can to prevent it from happening to me.

It is also being used for diabetes, parkinsons, autism, glaucoma, and other neurological/brain related diseases. Also good for skin, hair, teeth, etc. Apparently it can also be used on pets, but am still looking into the benefits of that.

The author is Mary Newport, MD.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Re: Alzheimers - What If There Was a Cure?

Postby Bethers » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:20 am

I've read it. Fascinating.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby carold » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:40 am

I've been using coconut oil with sugar as a facial scrub for some time and also the oil for my dry hair. I'll have to read that book. Maybe the oil has been seeping into my system :roll: and I'm already reaping the benefits. carold
carold

Postby avalen » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:55 am

sounds like the kind of book I would enjoy reading, thanks for the info
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby havingfunnow » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:27 pm

There is a new drug, waiting for FDA approval, that has a 60% success rate in clinical trials. I can't remember the name! A friend of mine, a research chemist, was part of the development team and has gotten some awards for his work, which is how I know about it.

I'm really looking forward to its release and seeing how it does with a larger group of users. Considering my family history, dementia is a real concern, and 60% success rate is the best yet for Alzheimer's. :D
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Postby Andi » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:31 pm

Thanks so much for posting this. I too come from a family with a large history of alzheimer's (aunts, cousins, mother, sister), and this is really exciting to hear...
Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.
-Rumi
Andi

Postby daydreamer08 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:31 pm

My mom is in the last stages of it. Horrible disease. I will read the book. Thanks for the recommendation.
daydreamer08

Return to Book Talk