Read At Camp

Talk about your favorite books, Review Books, Monthly Book Club

Read At Camp

Postby SoCalGalcas » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:00 pm

I read a total of 6 books while up at camp. A new author to me was Jussi Adler-Olsen. The Purity of Vengeance. Along the lines of The Tattoed Dragon Ldy, altho not as good. The best book I read was Love, Life and Elephants. Dame Daphne Sheldrick. Daphne was born and raised in Kenya. Married to the Tsavo National Park warden. This book is beautiful, thrilling and sad at times. I highly recommend it. lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Re: Read At Camp

Postby cnq50b » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:59 pm

Thanks for the recommendation, Lyn. I'll pick up a copy of Love, Life & Elephants from the library for my trip. :D :D
I've gotten some of the best recommendations from this group!
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Re: Read At Camp

Postby Bethers » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:53 am

Love, Life and Elephants sounds exactly like my type of book. I save up my Barnes & Noble gift certificates for these. Didn't quite have the full amount left, but didn't want to forget this one so splurged and put a couple dollars in to get this. Thanks so much for the heads up.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Return to Book Talk