Where Home Is

Talk about your favorite books, Review Books, Monthly Book Club

Where Home Is

Postby Redetotry » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:22 am

I just read the book Where Home Is by Karen J. Hasley and really enjoyed it. Although it is the 3rd book in the series I didn't feel I missed anything by not reading the first two. I found it on the top 100 free books on Amazon but I just checked and now it is $2.99. Still not bad for a good read.
"Book description.
The year is 1910. Katherine Davis, M.D. is an intelligent, self-assured, and attractive woman whose confidence perfectly reflects the confidence of a new century overflowing with scientific, medical, and technological breakthroughs. Without a moment's hesitation, young Dr. Davis accepts the professional invitation of a lifetime when she travels to Chicago's Hull-House to work with the celebrated social reformer, Jane Addams. Katherine is an excellent doctor eager to make a difference in the world and the people around her, and Chicago's crowded tenements with their burgeoning immigrant population offer just that opportunity. Everything Katherine believes about right and wrong, about good and evil she learned from her parents and the secure childhood they gave her. But times have changed, and Katherine can no longer rely on the values of the past. She has outgrown that past and the home of her childhood seems outdated and old-fashioned compared to the progressive society around her. She's an independent woman, who must make her own way and follow her own ideals. When Katherine meets the dazzling Douglas Gallagher, a man as confident and as fearless as she, a successful man who has left his own past behind, an uncompromising-even ruthless-man, she is asked to choose between her past and her future. And the choice is so much more complicated than she expected! Because for Katherine, deciding where-and who-home really is will change her forever. And for good."

Below it a link to the top free 100 Amazon books and a link to the book.

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Kind ... =UTF8&tf=1

http://www.amazon.com/Where-Home-Larami ... mie+series
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Re: Where Home Is

Postby MandysMom » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:57 pm

She sounds like my kind of gal. Thanks for the recommend.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby BirdbyBird » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:11 pm

Guess I am more behind in my reading an I thought. I have been getting some books from the library but by the time I make it to bed to read I am usually falling to sleep. But the book looked interesting so I went out to purchase it only to find that I already did and it is waiting for my on my Kindle. :)
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby SoCalGalcas » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:52 pm

Are some books on Kindle only? I've tried to get books from the library that have been recommended here, and they are not available. I have read 61 books so far this year! Shows how bad my back his!!! Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Return to Book Talk