Louisiana Longshot

Talk about your favorite books, Review Books, Monthly Book Club

Louisiana Longshot

Postby Redetotry » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:28 pm

http://www.amazon.com/Louisiana-Longsho ... ne+mystery

This book is still free today on Amazon. I have never laughed so hard reading a book as I did over this one. Of course I had to read the sequel Lethal Bayou Beauty (which wasn't free) but well worth the $5.99 I paid for it because it was even funnier that the first one. I just bought the third one in the series Swamp Sniper I hope it is as good as the first two.

The story is centered around a woman CIA agent who had to go into hiding and was sent to a small town in the south.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Re: Louisiana Longshot

Postby cnq50b » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:33 pm

Thanks! I got it. I have an iPad & haven't actually tried reading books on it yet. This looks like a good one to start with. :D
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Postby OutandAbout » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:40 pm

I'm giving this a try as well. Thanks Redetortry. Linda
OutandAbout

Postby Othersharon » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:29 pm

Saw your post so thought I'd give the book a try. I just downloaded the third book! Talk about laugh out loud! Sorta reminds me of the Ivy Malone Mystery (Lorena McCourtney). An older gal that gets into all kinds of trouble and if I remember right does some traveling in an RV. I think there are 3 or 4 books in that series. But meanwhile a good evening with Fortune and the gang! Thanks for the recommendation, Redetortry.
Othersharon

Postby MandysMom » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:29 am

Book still free on Amazon for kindle so I picked it up and will start reading tomorrow.
MandysMom

Postby carold » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:55 pm

Me too.
carold

Postby snowball » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:36 pm

feeling left out!!! Don't have an Ipad wish I did right now...although think I'd rather have a Kindle
or perhaps both!!! might as well dream big right?
that sounds like a good series one to write down and see if I can find at a library
sheila
snowball

Postby Bethers » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:01 am

snowball wrote:feeling left out!!! Don't have an Ipad wish I did right now...although think I'd rather have a Kindle
that sounds like a good series one to write down and see if I can find at a library
sheila

Do you have a smart phone? And you can always download both the kindle and nook readers to your computer and read these there, Sheila.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby snowball » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:27 pm

Bethers wrote:
snowball wrote:feeling left out!!! Don't have an Ipad wish I did right now...although think I'd rather have a Kindle
sheila

Do you have a smart phone? And you can always download both the kindle and nook readers to your computer and read these there, Sheila.

Have heard that I can do it to the lap top but don't know how to do it or what it costs because for sure it would
I have a dear friend who has written several books and most of them I've read except for three or four that went straight to Kindle...and every once in awhile she will have a thing on her fb telling of a free book from kindle and they always sound so good ...although as many books as I have in the 5th wheel that need reading you'd think I'd do that but no go to the library or walmart :roll:
thanks Beth
sheila
snowball

Postby Bethers » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:23 am

Sheila, there is no cost for the app to read on your computer. Have someone help you download it, or them if you want the one for the Nook also then just download free books. Of course they hope you'll also buy books, but you don't need to.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby snowball » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:32 pm

cool thanks Beth
sheila
snowball

Postby Redetotry » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:43 pm

Sheila, here is the link to a free download for Kindle if you have a PC (windows)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/r ... 1000426311

This is the one you need if you have a Mac
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1000464931

Here is a link to the Amazon free daily top 100 Kindle books
http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Kind ... =UTF8&tf=1

You can also download to your phone depending on which one you have.

You do have to set up an Amazon account though if you don' have one already.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Return to Book Talk