Feb Book Suggestions?

Talk about your favorite books, Review Books, Monthly Book Club

Feb Book Suggestions?

Postby cookiemom » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:46 pm

Does anyone have any books they would like to suggest for Feb? That would give us enough time to track the book down either from the store or library.

I have heard the "Time Traveler's Wife" and "The Shack" are both supposed to be good. I don't know anything about either one, but thought I would throw these out as suggestions.

Anyone else?

Debbie
cookiemom

Re: Feb Book Suggestions?

Postby Bethers » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:37 pm

OK, Debbie, you are elected - pick one of those books (or another) - give us the author - and we have a Feb book - as long as you agree that when Feb comes around, you start off the discussion :)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby cookiemom » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:55 pm

I've never led a discussion about any book, but will sure give it a try. I've also heard good reviews on "My Sister's Keeper", "Kite Runner" and "A Thousand Splendid Suns".

Anyone else read these already? I don't want to choose something everyone has already read.

I'll continue to research...
cookiemom

Postby Bethers » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:00 am

Don't worry about if anyone has ever read it, or if you've ever led a discussion - we're winging these - as you can see if you read any of the previous discussions. We just would like different people to pick books. I could pick one every month, but then you'd all be reading the books I want to read - and I wouldn't be broadening MY horizons. So feel free to pick a book - and if anyone has already read it - they'll be ahead of the game :) Go for it - and we'll be happy to try it out :)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby mtngal » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:15 am

thanks Debbie!!! looking forward to your choice for the first book of 2009!
Diana
mtngal

Postby cookiemom » Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:21 pm

OK, I will choose "My Sister's Keeper" by Jodi Picoult.

Do we read the book in February or before February? Sorry it's my first try at this and I want to get it right and not be behind schedule.

Debbie
cookiemom

Postby Bethers » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:23 am

We'll shoot for people reading the book by Feb so we can discuss it in Feb - however, we are very informal - and if a bunch have it and haven't read it yet - we give them a little time - Now, if you would start a new thread, saying Feb Book: My Sister's Keeper - then put the name and author in the message - nothing else - and hopefully people will start buying it or finding it at libraries, etc.

Good choice! And thanks for selecting a book for Feb :)
Beth
Bethers

Return to Book Talk