National Park mysteries

Talk about your favorite books, Review Books, Monthly Book Club

National Park mysteries

Postby Aggiemom » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:49 am

I'm reading my second book by Nevada Barr. Her main character is a NPS Ranger who moves from park to park for her adventures. Makes an interesting read for us travelers. The book I'm reading now takes place on the Natches Trace, one of my favorite motorcycle rides.
Vonda
2010 Jayco Greyhawk 31fk
Aggiemom

Re: National Park mysteries

Postby asirimarco » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:54 am

I've read most of the series - enjoyed them. Poor lady gets the crap beat out of her in every book.
asirimarco

Postby PeggyinCT » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:11 pm

I've read all of Nevada Barr's , Anna Pigeon, park ranger books. I'm always surprised that park rangers working in national parks now do not know of her books. My first Roadtrek trip was down the Natchez Trace in part because of her book.
If you like lady detectives who are always getting into scrapes, you might like Sara Parestsky's books set in Chicago.
PeggyinCT

Postby Bethers » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:49 pm

Yep, read most of them ... good books. And I think some have been reviewed on here before. Enjoy them!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Deeann » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:47 pm

Hey, Aggiemom

Thanks for the heads-up on the national park mystery books. These books are right up my alley. I've checked for availability at my local library. Some of the first books are available only through electronic form. As soon as I clear a few other books off my pallet I'll start the Nevada Barr books.

Also glad to know about the Paretsky books. I'll be checking them out too.

Thanks, girls!

Deeann
Deeann

Postby SoCalGalcas » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:55 am

DeeAnn, you are in for a treat! I've read all of Nevada Barr's books. I once met a ranger in Death Valley who had met Nevada Barr. I would love to meet her. lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby Dell » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:47 pm

Another lady detective series is written by Sue Grafton. All of her books are titled A is for..., H is for...etc. Her heroine Kinsey Milhone is always getting into trouble before she solves (or not) the case. 8-Dell
Dell

Return to Book Talk