Janet Evanovich - just for fun

Talk about your favorite books, Review Books, Monthly Book Club

Janet Evanovich - just for fun

Postby oregontocal » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:54 pm

If you haven’t already, be sure and read Janet’s latest, Fearless Fourteen, probably her funniest yet. A sample:

I followed Morelli to the kitchen and down the cellar stairs. Mooner was wailing away at the concrete floor with a pickax, and Lula had a jackhammer propped against her belly. She gave the jackhammer a blast of juice, and I was afraid her breasts were going to break loose from their moorings and knock her out. Gary and Zook were in a corner, mesmerized by the spectacle.

And,

“Don’t open the door!” Susan said.
Too late. Brenda yanked the door open and the monkey [Carl] launched himself out at her and draped himself over her head.
Everyone in the room went rigid and sucked air.
Brenda rolled her eyes, trying to see through her skull. “What the heck?”
“Hee, hee, hee,” Carl said. And he reached down and pinched Brenda’s nose. . .hard.
Brenda slapped his hand away, and Carl shrieked and hunkered down, digging into Brenda’s scalp with his monkey fingers and toes. All you could see was monkey tail and brown monkey fur sticking out of Brenda’s rat’s nest hair.
“Uh-oh, “ Lula said. “I never seen a monkey hump before, but I could swear Carl’s in love.”
oregontocal

Re: Janet Evanovich - just for fun

Postby Bethers » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:16 pm

We're discussing our November book in December - but don't have a January book - if you want to suggest this one and lead a discussion on it - we could do that? And letting people know now would give a month and a half to get it and read it. Let us know.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby oregontocal » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:33 pm

No, I don't think so. I just posted this one for fun. Maybe sometime in the future I could lead a discussions, but I'll be on the road much of the time in the coming month or so.
oregontocal

Postby mtngal » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:05 pm

I love these books Chris.....you are right they are laugh out loud funny. A couple of times I have given several as a gift to a friend who was laid up for one reason or another. They were always very appreciated. My step Mom usually buys the news ones first, so I will have to wait until I get back to CA to read this one.
Diana
mtngal

Postby asirimarco » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:20 pm

Love her books - most are laugh out loud funny. Especially when mentioning her grandmother who burned down a funeral home. And Ranger - wow. Had all from #1 - gave up to 11 away when we moved. Now I wish I still had them.
They really aren't discussion books - just curl up and laugh until your sides ache books.
asirimarco

Postby Bethers » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:17 pm

Oh, I think they are discussion books - as I laugh so hard at them, too - and I think all books can be discussion books. I'm just not real good at the questions at the end of the books - those aren't usually the things I want to talk about LOL -

But, yep, her books are plain, simple fun.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Return to Book Talk