New Author and find an old book

Talk about your favorite books, Review Books, Monthly Book Club

New Author and find an old book

Postby SoCalGalcas » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:36 pm

Hi, The new to me author I've found is EARLENE FOWLER. All of her fiction books have names of quilt patterns. The book I have just finished is Arkansas Traveler. From the authors blurb on the Arkansas Traveler quilt pattern "it is a very old pattern, most likely dated by quilt historians through its name". All of you quilters should enjoy this series. So far, 14 books.
The question I have is this: the author mentions a book about the 1933 Chicago Worlds Fair and the largest quilt competition ever held. I would love to get this book for my daughter, a quilter. I know the author and the title. I[ve been to ABE Books, but they cannot help me. Where else should I look? Thanks for any help. lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Re: New Author and find an old book

Postby Bethers » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:13 am

I found this one:
http://smile.amazon.com/Patchwork-Souve ... entries*=0

You didn't give the author's name - but I just Googled with the info you gave and that's the closest book I found.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby IrishIroamed » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:22 am

If this is the correct book ~ wow ~ it's expensive at Barnes & Nobles. Maybe you can get the ISBN number and order it somewhere cheaper.
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/patchwork-souvenirs-of-the-1933-chicago-worlds-fair-merikay-waldvogel/1116874767?ean=9781558532564
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby SoCalGalcas » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:37 am

Thank You both. That is exactly the info I needed, lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby Bethers » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:12 pm

IrishIroamed wrote:If this is the correct book ~ wow ~ it's expensive at Barnes & Nobles. Maybe you can get the ISBN number and order it somewhere cheaper.
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/patchwork-souvenirs-of-the-1933-chicago-worlds-fair-merikay-waldvogel/1116874767?ean=9781558532564

Same book I posted above from Amazon :-)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby dpf » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:51 pm

I always have good luck finding books with alibris.com
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Return to Book Talk