Replacing day-night shade ideas

Ladies, Show off your talents!

Replacing day-night shade ideas

Postby Bethers » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:37 pm

Saw this on FB and love the idea ... it would insulate well from both heat and cold .... and the sky is the limit in colors, etc. I am going to be playing with ideas to do this somewhat lightweight (maybe two layers of fleece instead of quilting (patterned maybe for inside, and solid on the outside) ... and how to put on a tie so that I can tie them up at various heights, and get rid of 3 of my valances and day-night shades (if I do it).

I don't really use my day shades, so won't miss them - this will actually be more room-darkening if wanted than my current night shades ... a win win all around. If I get it down (with help from friends) I will take pics and post.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Re: Replacing day-night shade ideas

Postby carold » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:11 pm

Beth, my sister did this just before her trip to Alaska a few years ago. She loved it. carold
carold

Postby chalet05 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:01 pm

I am going to think on this one! In the 5th wheel I used very unattractive drapery lining, but putting inside this would be fun.
Anita
chalet05

Postby NMCynthia » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:49 pm

This is a very cute project. It solves the problems of insulating for heat or cold inside your coach, and light blocking at night. You can vary the shade length by making a long button strap with 3 or 4 buttonholes at varying heights. Too cute by half!
NMCynthia

Postby SunnyH » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:16 am

I like your idea!

I have just taken off the valances and wooden mini blinds on the window behind the passenger chair. I bought some fabric I liked at Hobby Lobby and installed cafe curtain rods at the top of the window, and at the bottom of the window. I bought a room darkening liner from KMart and will be fusing this to the material. Will post pixs when done. but for today I need to work on my taxes!

We are staying at Lake Havasu until the end of the month and then the summer adventures begin. That is assuming we can find some warm weather some where- LOL

Have a great day!
SunnyH

Postby snowball » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:59 pm

SunnyH wrote:I like your idea!

We are staying at Lake Havasu until the end of the month and then the summer adventures begin. That is assuming we can find some warm weather some where- LOL

Have a great day!

SonnyH
I'm about 80 miles south of you...going to be here awhile longer any chance of getting together?
I'm down in Quartzsite
sheila
snowball

Return to Arts & Crafts, Decorating Projects