MrsHomeSweetRoam

Ladies, Show off your talents!

MrsHomeSweetRoam

Postby Sandersmr » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:35 pm

What camera do you shoot with, and more importantly, what lens(es). Your photos are so completely tack sharp!
Maggie, Oscar and Jasmine (and sometimes Mark)
2002 F-150 Supercrew
2010 Sportsmen Classic 16BH
Sandersmr

Re: MrsHomeSweetRoam

Postby MrsHomeSweetRoam » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:21 pm

Hi. :)

I have a Nikon D80 and I use a versatile 18-200 lens. I like the ability to do macro-like close ups and landscapes and everything in between without switching out the lens.

Grab and go- which is how I am about everything. :lol:

I have another that came with body...but I never use it. I would really love to get more lenses but ...money. :roll:
Gena, traveling with her husband Russell and their "velcro dogs" Mike and Hazen.
Follow along as they grow and learn and live out their dream; http://www.HomeSweetRoam.com
MrsHomeSweetRoam

Postby Sandersmr » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:22 pm

Your lens is a Nikon then?

I have a Canon 30D and I use a Tamron 18-270 lens primarily. I may need to think about going with the Canon lens.
2002 F-150 Supercrew
Sandersmr

Postby MrsHomeSweetRoam » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:43 am

Sandersmr wrote:Your lens is a Nikon then?

I have a Canon 30D and I use a Tamron 18-270 lens primarily. I may need to think about going with the Canon lens.

Yes, sorry, Nikon lens.
I'd like to say that I was educated on lenses and camera bodies and everything in between but I know just enough to get into trouble...and I've forgotten most everything else. :lol:
I hope one day to get a new kind of lens..something fun or different to inspire me to look at things differently ...like a fish eye or something.
Gena, traveling with her husband Russell and their "velcro dogs" Mike and Hazen.
Follow along as they grow and learn and live out their dream; http://www.HomeSweetRoam.com
MrsHomeSweetRoam

Postby BirdbyBird » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:55 am

I think what I like about good photography is when it lets you "see" the "everyday" differently.....no tricks or photo shopping as much as angles, and perspective changing. And having been raised with a photographer....B&W usually works my brain in ways that color does not...in good ways. As if when the color is rolled back you can better see the shape and form of the real essence....
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby MrsHomeSweetRoam » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:03 pm

BirdbyBird wrote:I think what I like about good photography is when it lets you "see" the "everyday" differently.....no tricks or photo shopping as much as angles, and perspective changing. And having been raised with a photographer....B&W usually works my brain in ways that color does not...in good ways. As if when the color is rolled back you can better see the shape and form of the real essence....

Yep. I definitely shoot some specific things with B&W conversion in mind. I don't know how to work photoshop, but I use Google's free Picasa 3 program...to mostly crop or make the collages or to change to B&W.
MrsHomeSweetRoam

Postby Lennie » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:26 am

I totally agree with you re. "good" pix-- By the time a shot has been photoshopped it can often have little resemblance to the actual scene/experience altho i do still somtimes add or subtact contrast bec. i dont know enough about my camera to always get the light exposure correct . I suppose many folks want their pix to be technically correct but i'll settle for capturing whatever it was (something beautiful, unusual, funny) .. Here's a question: I have lots of pix stored in my computer but dont know much about printing them--suggestions????
Lennie

Postby mtngal » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:05 am

I've had really good luck printing on the self serve machines
at Walmart; up to 8x10. The color is spot on. There are other methods,
but I copy the img from my computer to an sd card then use that
in the machine at Walmart. Easy user interface after the first time. ;)
Diana
mtngal

Postby Sandersmr » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:09 am

You might check an online printing service as well. I use Persnickity Prints to print my scrapbook pages. They have good prices and fast turnaround. They are in Utah.
2002 F-150 Supercrew
Sandersmr

Postby Lennie » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:28 am

Sounds like you have mastered this--color quality is really important to me so i'm glad you mentioned that. will give it a try in the next few days and let you know.
Lennie

Postby MrsHomeSweetRoam » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:11 pm

I don't print often. I've done it at Target in person with an SD card... and I've used Shutterfly for both prints and creating books to print. It's fun and easy. They have great deals they'll email you once in a while, too. Freebies.
MrsHomeSweetRoam

Postby MrsHomeSweetRoam » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:13 pm

You might want to think about backing all them photos up on an external drive.. I've had my laptop stolen- along with thousands of images that I didn't have backed up anywhere... and that was just after I finished scanning in every photo I had from childhood to current and my first plane trip and vacation. Lots of first time, great stuff- all gone.

Back it up! :) And print, if it's your thing- but I am trying to have less physical stuffs.
MrsHomeSweetRoam

Return to Arts & Crafts, Decorating Projects