My Storm Project Entrelac Scarf

Ladies, Show off your talents!

My Storm Project Entrelac Scarf

Postby Barbzeee » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:49 am

My Storm Project...Enterlac Scarf..or better known as Panic Scarf Driven !

I learned a new technique of knitting and for those that know me..I'm not a knitter..more crochet type.

Here is a picture of my "Sample " first and notice it only had 3 block base.

This is the Scarf... I started this one with a 4 block base (at present it's 12 inches long and growing ) :lol:

With this pattern..key to it is keeping track either with counter or a pen and pad..cause ya need it !

Oh and a circular needle which I did not have in the size needles I'm using...so my trip to Walmart will
make sure I pick one up !

I'm enjoying making this as it keeps my mind working instead of worrying...I mean I still worry about dropping stitches !!!!!

God Bless

Zeee and her tangles mess with Critters 3 on the side :)

Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Re: My Storm Project Entrelac Scarf

Postby VickieP » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:22 am

You have way more patience than I do!
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby Dawn309 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:39 am

Barb, there is an app to count stitches and keep up with your pattern. It's called StitchMinder. I use it for every project now. It would work whether you are knitting or crocheting. Saves having to keep up with the little pieces of paper where I kept track of rows before.
Dawn, Rascal, Belle
Sunshine-2012 Coachmen Encounter
http://dawnsrvlife.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/dawn.goodrow.shive
Dawn309

Postby avalen » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:52 pm

boggles my mind
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:25 pm

;) ;) Beautiful!!!..... :D
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby Brewsterivy » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:03 am

Barb, I am fascinated with that pattern. I looked it up on Yahoo yesterday because I did not understand what Entrelac was. Did you get the pattern online or did someone teach you? It might be something I can do at night besides raid the refrigerator! Is it something one can learn from written directions? I have knitted in the past so I am familiar with the basic stitches.

Carol Brewsterivy
Brewsterivy

Postby Barbzeee » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:59 am

Carol... I got everything online... I was doing a search for differnt patterns as mainly I crochet..and I came across this
and it's not really difficult ..just a lot of counting... I'll post the web site and if you need any help just email me..or post and I will get
back to you !.... ONe thing you will need if you do this work is a circular needle.. I started off with a regular needle and only did a sample
till I learned then Started all over with the amount of stitches I needed....

My scarf right now is 24 inches and climbing :lol:

http://verypink.com/2011/12/22/learn-to-knit-entrelac/

I found this very helpful..of course I played it over and over..hahaha...

Let me know if you start making something...You know here we are always interested...

PS they also do Entrelac in crocheting...haven't checked that out yet..one thing at time for me !!! :)

God Bless

Zeee and Critters....

Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

Barbzeee

Postby Brewsterivy » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:49 am

Thanks, Barb,
I watched the video - very interesting and you really do need to keep track of the rows. Way back when.... I used to knit those Scandanavian sweaters with the intricate patterns and I kept track with little lines on paper. I will get myself a counter for this! Are you using that different colored yarn they mentioned?

Carol
Brewsterivy

Postby Barbzeee » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:35 pm

Hey Carol, Glad you watched that video... She does a great job of explaining and on her web site she has
some good tips too... I'm not really a knitter..but I try hard :)...

As for the yarn I'm using.. I had some left over from when I made my sister an Afghan when she was in the nursing home.

So that I had bought up several skeins..I am using that...it's really pretty...and I figured first time I'm doing this..better
not invest LOL...We all know how that can go...but I'm telling ya..once you get the hang of it ..it moves fast .

I am jotting down on scrap paper..but as soon as I upgrade my phone..Dawn told me about that Stitch minder program App .
Can't find my counter....think one of the Critters gnawed on it.. :o

I am using that Scarf pattern...I just downloaded it and printed it out ... However instead of the 3 base Tri's I added another one
as I thought it was too narrow.. but I might be wrong..have to wait and see.

Also from what I'm using... Knitted Worsted..it's heavy and pretty much will have to be blocked...and definitely a circular needle !

I'm enjoying this pattern and have thought of several neat combinations too...but next project on this will be a TOTE ..lined

Let me know how you go...I think from what you state..you'll enjoy this...it's hectic first off..but eases out and stops me too
from getting up to see what's around to munch :roll:

Keep me posted ..and again if you need any help..or heck you might be able to help me...along with I know Dawn is available..hahaha

Psst..Dawn, hope you don't mind I offered up your services :)
God Bless
Zeee and Critters 3

Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

Barbzeee

Postby Dawn309 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:53 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: No problem! I am definitely going to have to make that pattern someday too.
Dawn, Rascal, Belle
Sunshine-2012 Coachmen Encounter
http://dawnsrvlife.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/dawn.goodrow.shive
Dawn309

Postby OutandAbout » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:49 pm

Barbzee, I have done the entrelac pattern using crochet and made a lap blanket. I have done the tunisian stitch and found it really easy to do. Not too much counting as there were only 7 stitches on the hook. It was done in rows also. I liked it so much that that now I am doing a queen size blanket. Once you get the hang of it, there is no stopping you. I think the Tunisian crochet is a lot easier than the knitting.

I bought an entrelac knitting book and started reading the first pattern (a scarf). I cast on the required number of stitches then started knitting. Pattern said, knit 2 turn...? What??? I have all these other stitches on the needles... :o :o ACK, now what do I do? Read the rest of the pattern dummy. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It was confusing, so I searched for crochet entrelac. The Tunisian Crochet version is so much easier as you don't have to keep turning the work, just crochet until the end. Then start a new row. There are a lot of ends to deal with, but I was OK with that.

I will gladly show a picture, if someone could instruct me how to get the picture from a phone to this forum. Easy instructions. Thx. Linda
OutandAbout

Postby Redetotry » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:55 pm

"I will gladly show a picture, if someone could instruct me how to get the picture from a phone to this forum. Easy instructions. Thx. Linda"

Linda I email the picture from my phone, save it to my computer from the email then upload to photobucket. May be an easier way but works for me!
You guys have more skill & patience than I have with crocheting and knitting! I remember trying to learn but fingers just didn't cooperate.

Now could someone can tell me how to quote only part of a post!?
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby Barbzeee » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:12 pm

Redetotry

BJ...wasn't sure myself as I don't normally "quote"...but as you click on reply then click on the Quote button..then copy and paste in between
the bracketts for the Quote...hope that helps you and I explained it ok...

Linda... I'm anxious to finish this scarf but have slowed down a bit with a few interuptions...ie..Iphone saga...but as soon as I get this done
I'll look at the crochet version..as I dearly love to crochet..

I'm planning my next gift a Tote Bag..so we'll see..but it does get hectic turning work constantly..and boy ya have to use a circular needle when
knitting this...

BJ as for patience...well when it's storming it sure calms me down...hahaha.. and when watching TV I get antsy I need projects to work on..and
keeps my brain waves active..cause I have to count..hahaha..well I wouldn't if I ever get my Iphone !!!

God Bless...

Zeee and Critters 3..

My Saga is on going !!!
Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

Barbzeee

Postby VickieP » Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:00 pm

Just click on quote and delete the part you don't want.
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby OutandAbout » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:30 pm

Redetotry wrote:"I will gladly show a picture, if someone could instruct me how to get the picture from a phone to this forum. Easy instructions. Thx. Linda"

Linda I email the picture from my phone, save it to my computer from the email then upload to photobucket. May be an easier way but works for me!
You guys have more skill & patience than I have with crocheting and knitting! I remember trying to learn but fingers just didn't cooperate.

Thanks redetotry. That sound simple enough, but we'll see. :D
OutandAbout

Next

Return to Arts & Crafts, Decorating Projects