YIPEE!!!!! NEW SHADES

Ladies, Show off your talents!

YIPEE!!!!! NEW SHADES

Postby retiredhappy » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:24 pm

OK, this is the 3rd time I've tried this posting. Keeps going off into the ether when I try to go from Photobucket to the posting.

I've always hated the blue/green day/night shades in my rig. Besides being ugly and heavy, the cords kept breaking or the hold-down screw would pull out of the wall. So, went on the internet and and ordered some cellular CORDLESS shades for the living room/ dinette area in an eggshell color. Threw out the heavy valances along with the old shades. The new ones are so sleek and clean looking. They close completely up to about three inches and if you leave them down about 6 inches they make their own valances so haven't decided as yet whether I'll add decorative fabric valences to match the sofa/dinette.

Then went on to the window over the bed. Kept the cloth valences cause I think they're more cosy in the bedroom area. This shade is really cool. It is corded but you can either raise it from the bottom OR lower it from the top. There have been times when I wanted just a little light at the top of the window but wanted my privacy at the bottom. Since I have put curtains on both of the side windows I haven't decided if I want (or need) shades for them, too.

These shades are Bali and I priced them at Lowes then went on line to Blindsaver.com. They had free shipping and no tax AND they were on sale so the cost for all three shades was $370 which was quite a bit less than Lowes. I LOVE THE INTERNET!

I'm running out of projects and then what will I do?
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Re: YIPEE!!!!! NEW SHADES

Postby dpf » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:17 pm

They look wonderful...love it!
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby avalen » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:39 pm

those are great, I have the cellular kind too but they only rise from the bottom, wish
they came down from the top too but I have what I have. Already took one down from
the kitchen and washed it, it washed up fine and came out white again. I still have
the other one in the kitchen to wash.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Bethers » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:23 am

Lookin' Good - Karen, I'm gonna start calling you the project lady (NOT a lady from the projects LOL)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Paulette » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:17 pm

Karen, when you get done with yours, you can start on mine! :lol:

Those look good!
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Return to Arts & Crafts, Decorating Projects