My Three latest Acrylic Paintings

Ladies, Show off your talents!

My Three latest Acrylic Paintings

Postby kdmac » Thu May 26, 2011 12:47 pm

I had a plan to paint while camped here and there...and then try to sell when I get to Arizona where the weather will allow me to place them outside up against the truck, or trailer, and see if anyone wants to buy them, you know, sort of like a road-side, down-on-her-luck peddler trying to sell her wares...it's a long-shot since everyone and their brother seems to paint.

I saw this in a museum and tried to do one like it

Just a typical childhood memory put on canvas

A friends Westies that I did from a photo
kdmac

Re: My Three latest Acrylic Paintings

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu May 26, 2011 12:54 pm

Those are awesome!! You are very talented! I am sure you could sell those with no problem! Love the desert one! The westies are really adorable too!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby longdog2 » Thu May 26, 2011 1:00 pm

Have you considered entering some of your art in a regional or local art show? Or possibly putting your art up on a website? I think you have way too much talent to just peddle it off as a down-on-her-luck streetside artist.
Traveling with the Longdogs
Colleen (Willy,Gretchen,Harley)

http://travelinglongdogs.blogspot.com/
2009 299RLS Jayco 5vr
F250 SuperDuty Diesel Truck
longdog2

Postby kdmac » Thu May 26, 2011 1:19 pm

That's nice of you to say but my paintings are all different, it's like I am insane. Some are impressionistic, others realistic so it would be kind of imbarrassing to submit such eclectic paintings. Also, it's all too snobby for me. I'd almost rather peddle from my truck, do flea markets, or even just give them away...

Although, to be honest, I have thought about checking out just what is going on in street shows, flea markets, etc. in Arizona and see what comes of that. Ususally you have to have a "tent" (it's required), pay entry fees, have a certain quota of items to sell, etc. I will check it out.
kdmac

Postby OutandAbout » Thu May 26, 2011 1:29 pm

kdmac wrote:That's nice of you to say but my paintings are all different, it's like I am insane.

Spoken like a true artist. Great paintings.

Have you considered painting people's pets? I would think there would be a good market for it. Many pet owners out there would love a portrait of their pet(s) Just a thought. Linda
OutandAbout

Postby kdmac » Thu May 26, 2011 3:01 pm

OutandAbout wrote:
kdmac wrote:That's nice of you to say but my paintings are all different, it's like I am insane.

Spoken like a true artist. Great paintings.

Have you considered painting people's pets? I would think there would be a good market for it. Many pet owners out there would love a portrait of their pet(s) Just a thought. Linda

Yes, I have done that before. The logistics of having and maintaining a website and the required "mailings" of photos to paint from and money exchanges is more than I want to be involved with while on the road. Although if someone I come across really wants one then I would make it work. I like to do it form a good photo. Since people love their pets so much I have to take lots of time to get it just right, I can't just slop some paint down...so I have to charge enough to make up for my blood, sweat, and tears...plus the paint..paint sure is expensive these days..maybe I could learn to make paint form clay while I am down in the southwest...Indians did it.
kdmac

Postby Liz » Thu May 26, 2011 3:10 pm

I love them all! Good activity while it's snowing outside, too!
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Bethers » Thu May 26, 2011 4:12 pm

Some people on here might want a painting of one or some of their pets. You might be able to get business from us fellow women rvers :)

I'm not sure what the various fees are for selling at craft fairs, etc. I know some charge, but some are free - so you'll have to look around while in AZ. You have some awesome talent, lady. Those are all incredible.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby kdmac » Thu May 26, 2011 4:38 pm

Bethers wrote:Some people on here might want a painting of one or some of their pets. You might be able to get business from us fellow women rvers :)

I'm not sure what the various fees are for selling at craft fairs, etc. I know some charge, but some are free - so you'll have to look around while in AZ. You have some awesome talent, lady. Those are all incredible.

Thank you for the uplifting compliment. Yes, I would paint the pets for any of the ladies here; there is always a way to figure out the logistics of a "limited arena' such as our Women's Forum, as opposed to the WORLD WIDE WEB!!! that would be a monster problem. Once I got to the next. long-term stay we could do the required mailings from there.
kdmac

Postby cpatinjones » Thu May 26, 2011 8:23 pm

Yep, you got talent. Those paintings are really good.
Carolyn
35' Cougar 5th Wheel, F-250
Escapees, Good Sam, RVing Women
Slept in my RV
cpatinjones

Postby pattyk » Thu May 26, 2011 9:48 pm

You are very talented. Good luck in your search in AZ for a place to sell.
Patty & Sammie, too
pattyk

Postby Travelinana » Mon May 30, 2011 1:15 pm

I'm so glad I ask. I think your work is very good. I buy Art that I like, pay no mind to the name of the Artist. If I came upon your work in a A&C show I would stop and spend some time looking. I had a website for aspiring Artists in all mediums. When I got a divorce I lost my passion :cry: let a friend take it over. She eventually took it down with my ok. Just threw that in...but have you heard of www.Etsy.com I know some local people who use this site and are pretty happy with it. On a personal note I would love to have you paint one of Lovey from a photo I have, then eventually do Rudy also while he is alive. I think you very well could get many requests like this one. Some Artists don't like to do custom work, preferring to let it come from their own inspiration. If you think you would like to do Lovey I will send you a photo. Is a traveling career budding here :? :P
Nancy & Rudy Image
Finding wealth in what you are and not what you have. Living with less is living well indeed.
~Gigi Galluzzo
Travelinana

Postby longdog2 » Mon May 30, 2011 8:15 pm

I looked at Etsy and you are definitely a strong competitor. Please don't downplay your obvious talent.
Traveling with the Longdogs
Colleen (Willy,Gretchen,Harley)

http://travelinglongdogs.blogspot.com/
2009 299RLS Jayco 5vr
F250 SuperDuty Diesel Truck
longdog2

Postby Ladyhawk » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:59 am

Forget the pets. I'd get a painting of my RV. :lol: I love the furkids, but I have a special place in my heart for "The Beast." I even have a picture of it on my checks.
Amy and Bobby
Ladyhawk

Postby Getupngo » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:39 am

You are SO talented! I'm sure they will be snapped up right away. (Especially if someone has a Westie!).
Janice traveling solo in a 2008 Four Winds Windsport
Navigator: Annie the miniature poodle
2011 Honda CRV toad

Getupngo

Next

Return to Arts & Crafts, Decorating Projects