Sun Screen

Ladies, Show off your talents!

Sun Screen

Postby sunshinecruiserTN » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:40 pm

I can't take credit for this but it was done by none other than Nan, Gentleladybear. She came over to see me this weekend and I had purchased some sun screen and she happened to have her trusty grommet thingy and fixed my sun screen. Cost was approx $25 plus bloody mary and margarita, sunscreen: priceless.
Here is Nan hard at work.
Margie (msbhaven) is there too to oversee the happenings for the day.
Here is the finished product modeled by Moi.

All in all it turned out to be a great little mini gtg.

I've got to tell you Nan, thanks, thanks, thanks, the amount of heat it knocks off Somewhere is unreal. Great job and a must have in a hot place like Florida. ;) ;)
Live, Laugh, Love
TN/FL
sunshinecruiserTN

Re: Sun Screen

Postby BirdbyBird » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:28 pm

And it is so nice to see pictures of FL without sweat shirts and long pants! So glad that you guys got a chance to play :)
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby avalen » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:29 pm

great job, love that shade screen stuff
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Echo » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:47 pm

That's what I got to do, except on the tarps cause I don't have an awning! :D Need to find more grommets tho!

Hey Margie!!! Your looking good and sassy there Sistah! WooHoo!

That's a neat job on the sunscreen. A lot of the rigs here in the park have them.
Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

Postby bluepinecones » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:08 am

That is a great job. Nan is so handy.
Cannot believe you are seeking relief from the heat as I sit here near frozen again.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby Cedar518 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:28 am

Sunscreens are wonderful. I bought mine last year to match my first Rockwood. It is amazing how much cooler it is under my awning when using the screens. I have the straight one that hangs from the awnining roller bar and then the side pieces too. I got navy blue,... now wish I had bronze color as my new Rockwood has different graphics ..... I know, I know,... no big deal... :roll: :lol:
Cedar518

Postby sunshinecruiserTN » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:03 am

I wanted blue to matchy, matchy but the girls convinced me that beige would match Somewhere so it's not too bad. So Cedar, I understand the no big deal thing. :lol:
Live, Laugh, Love
TN/FL
sunshinecruiserTN

Postby VickieP » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:21 am

Since it's material, couldn't it be dyed?
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby sunshinecruiserTN » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:35 am

Probably but it wouldn't be worth it to me. My beige will work out just fine. You know, actually I don't think the dye would adhere to the type fabric this is. I think it would just roll off.

Forgot to mention, next project when I go to Nan's house...tire covers! Yep, stay tuned. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Live, Laugh, Love
TN/FL
sunshinecruiserTN

Postby BarbaraRose » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:20 pm

I will have to look into those when I get an RV someday. I am really anal about things matching and being color coordinated. EVERYTHING HAS TO MATCH, not just 'go together'. :lol:
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Gentleladybear » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:12 pm

As you can see a little bloody mary and grommets and shade cloth it is not expensive to decorate. You don't llike the color, give it away and buy more fabric. Simple easy and inexpensive. Great weekend visiting with Carolyn, Margie. Hope we can all get together again.

We are developing some designs, so stay tuned for the next unveiling.

Nan
Nan
Gentleladybear

Postby sharon » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:53 pm

Looks to me like an internet or word of mouth business....we can all use a little extra gas money to fuel our addiction! :lol: Good job Nan, but of course I wouldn't expect anything less from you after getting my flamingo flag!
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby Lotus » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:08 pm

Great idea, and Nan did a super job! Ron & I got a quote last fall to have a sunscreen shade installed for one side of our back patio.....kind of costly compared to yours! :cry: The type that is on a roller so that you can keep it up or down. Now we've decided to try it ourselves and save much money yet accomplish the same thing of keeping the hot sun out. Because of the space and the wind that we have, it will be a little more involved such as building a frame, etc., but it should work. In fact, looked at sun screen at Home Depot today; however, width we need not available there. Will check out Lowe's next. It's on our to-do list, and will keep you posted.

Lotus
Lotus

Postby carold » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:13 pm

We used the screen material from Lowes and made 2 separate ones. They sell grommets also and used stakes and the stretch bands with hooks on the ends (all of a sudden I can't recall the name-duh) we found these rubber slides that have a hole in them and go directly in the slot of the awning bar. Cheap and works great. Notice that some people sew hems at top and bottom and slide poles to keep them tight. Wish I had known about the mini GTG, might have gotten over. I'm in Sarasota if anyone wants to meet up. carold
carold

Postby sunshinecruiserTN » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:46 pm

Gee, Carol, if I had know you would have come that far, I would have let you know. I'm moving closer down the East coast tomorrow so if we have another, I'll post here and let everyone know.

Becky, you could sew them together. tee hee operative word is sew or at least it would be for me. I don't sew, even straight lines. Nan was talking about my putting line in to do something like a roman shade to pull it up out of the way when not needed. That I think I can do with fabric glue stuff. You probably get too much wind for that to work for you but I'm sure you will work out something.
Live, Laugh, Love
TN/FL
sunshinecruiserTN

Next

Return to Arts & Crafts, Decorating Projects