questions

Ladies, Show off your talents!

questions

Postby snowball » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:28 am

I like making wreaths those that hang around all year I try when I make them to customize them
to the daughter I am making it for...when I asked my 2nd born what she gravitates to (she is a hard one to know likes she doesn't collect anything when asked it's usually I will know when I see it) yikes give me a daughter who loves fairy's or gargoyles :lol: she finally said probably Americana oh thinks I sure what does that entail....so tell me what you picture Americana is???
told you this was questions!!!

I used to have a wreath that I made for us but it was seasonal (Christmas) and became less that nice so retired it...so one day a ad for that company that I spent way too much money a couple of winters ago.. came and I loved this wreath so pretty but dd said mom you can do it and perhaps I can not as well but I can and will enjoy it that is if I can find the figurines that I want....birds of all kinds in a medium that will weather outside well...can't find it and don't know how to research the internet for them...ideas?
Thanks so much for your thoughts
sheila
snowball

Re: questions

Postby avalen » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:27 am

When I googled Americana decor, the stuff that popped up was things that looked like something for 4th of July. Lot of American flags, things shaped like the united states, and the rec, white, and blues.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby snowball » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:21 pm

sorta what I was thinking...really hard to find at this time of year when we have skeletons bats and black birds out and oh Christmas...in craft stores ok with that as it takes one time to craft but department stores not so ok with it....
thanks Ava appreciate it
sheila
snowball

Postby BarbaraRose » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:25 pm

Yep, red, white and blue, stars, stripes, etc. Google it and look at the images and you will get lots of ideas.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Arts & Crafts, Decorating Projects