Zoom Loom

Ladies, Show off your talents!

Zoom Loom

Postby SnowGypsy » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:08 am

I was looking for a take-along craft, something small and not complicated that one can put down and pick up again later without losing a beat. I had in the past had the round looms but found they overtaxed my hands and sometimes the plastic pins snapped out and hit my fingers, usually the nail part and it hurt! So, I came across the "zoom loom". This is a made in the USA, small 4" square loom from Schacht and has metal pins. I cannot remember the name but there was a similar one back in the 1970s. I really like the quality of this, it is easy to hold and to transport. I have made a lap afghan and am now just working on some squares trying to decide what to turn them into.

I thought this might be something that would interest anyone looking for a small take along craft. I paid about $30.00 for it and had hesitated at the cost but after receiving it and seeing the quality, I think it was worth it.
SnowGypsy

Re: Zoom Loom

Postby monik7 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:53 pm

Sounds interesting. Can you post a link?
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby Bethers » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:35 pm

Pictures, please :-) :-) :-)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby SnowGypsy » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:51 pm

Website and many retailers sell them: http://www.woolery.com/Store/pc/Schacht ... tjbgVsrLnA and a video of the operation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKrifKYanNA There are also a couple of books available on Amazon. This is pretty basis and the look is not exquisite but more old timey.
SnowGypsy

Postby Bethers » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:00 pm

Personally, I'd like to see pictures of something you made.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby SnowGypsy » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:03 am

I have only made one thing and it was the "experimental" lap afghan. It is hopefully not my best work. I made the squares and crocheted an edging around them before joining. I really don't like the way it looks, sort of rough. I'll do a photo of my next one which will definitely look better as the yarn this time is partly cotton and hangs nicely. Not having to heavy of a yarn is really important and I learned that making swatches. There are also different designs that can be worked into the squares and I have 3 or 4 different ones but you have stay more alert when working in the designs.

So, when the current project is finished, I'll provide a photo. :)
SnowGypsy

Postby bikerchic777 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:09 am

I remember making pot holders with one of these, at our nearby park, when I was a kid. They had craft projects at the kiddie pool, in the summer. It was free. Great memories.
Linda, Rags, and Brutus full-timing it in our 2017 Winnebago Micro Mini, Thumbelina.

When life throws you a curve, lean into it!
bikerchic777

Return to Arts & Crafts, Decorating Projects