Paintings

Ladies, Show off your talents!

Paintings

Postby dcricket » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:36 pm

Okay, thought I'd share a few of my water color paintings I've done

Some have already seen this one, but it is my first ever solo painting (without the influence of an instructor). I actually drove to the Point Loma Lighthouse and took this picture (from the rear of the bulding), came home drew it out and then did my own interpretation of colors/shadows - this is my favorite.

This one "The Charge" is one we did in class with splash of color and detailed with marker pens. I really like this one too. Felt I should add more background color but feel more inclined to leave it as is

This one is a picture my instructor took when he went to Tuscanny, and then had us do a painting of in class. Not one of my favs, but it does have good color

This one is of daffodils with an old wagon wheel in the background. It is the first painting I had professionally framed, and I can guarentee (even as nice as it came out), due to the unbelieveable expense to have it done, it'll be a good long time before I do that again! It was for my daughter so.... Colors are a little muted in the photograph but you get the basic idea/look of the painting.

Hope you enjoy them. Hoping to resume classes in February, but will try to putz around with some painting projects I've wanted to attempt sooner. We'll see.
I also love digital photography, and hope to take some classes in that some day as well.

Enjoy the moments of each and every new day............
:)
Live, Laugh, Love, Aloha
Donna & Willie
2020 Forrest River Rockwood Mini 2104S Travel Trailer
2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ 1LZ
dcricket

Re: Paintings

Postby carold » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:29 am

Hard to believe you're such a newbie. Love the elephant. My gk's take art lessons and they are really getting good. Thanks for sharing. carold
carold

Postby LegalLady » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:41 am

I am so envious of people with artistic talent. Your pictures are beautiful.
Leslie
Boston, MA
2007 Roadtrek 210P
LegalLady

Postby retiredhappy » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:15 am

Wow, you are one talented lady. Love the elephant.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Paulette » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:19 am

Love em! I wouldn't even know where to begin!
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby asirimarco » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:34 pm

Absolutely beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing. Keep up the wonderful workand keep sharing with us.
Thats something I always wished I could do.
asirimarco

Postby dcricket » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:46 am

I will admit, it is a more frustrating medium to work with that's for sure. If you are a perfectionist, control freak like me, it makes it even worse. But I hope to keep practicing. I love seeing all the various talents you all have, and it's so nice to share. Thank you for the kind remarks.
Live, Laugh, Love, Aloha
Donna & Willie
dcricket

Postby Nasoosie » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:39 am

Water color is SUCH a difficult medium to work with, for sure, and yours are WONDERFUL! Wow! Thanks so much for sharing these great paintings with us! It's been years since I have attempted a painting, and I have never done a water color I could tolerate!

Such amazing talent!!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby avalen » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:34 am

those are great, would be fun to take an art class again, something I might consider
in my retirement years. The elephant is awesome but I really like the lighthouse too.
hmm can't decide my favorite.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby soisew » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:28 am

I love your paintings. I tried to teach myself water colors years ago but I've not painted for many years. I do love this media though -- it's less smelly and messy than oil or acrylics.
Shell
soisew

Postby Cedar518 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:29 pm

Oh my, I'm sooooo glad you didn't alter the elephant picture. It's wonderful just as you have it. Also, your vanishing points on the roof lines by the lighthouse are good. I never can get those right without a major struggle in my paintings. Good job!
Cedar518

Postby Bethers » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:25 pm

Oh, I'm jealous of your talents. Those are great - and I'm a big fan of the elephant and glad you didn't change it.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Carolinagal » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:23 pm

What talent you have Donna, I loved them all, but if I had to choose, I think the Elephant is really a great picture. There is just something about him that gets your eye and hard to look away from it. You don't have that one stashed away where no one sees it do you? That would be a huge crime !!!

Thanks for sharing, I'd love to see more sometime

Carol
Carolinagal

Postby dcricket » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:30 pm

Carol, funny you would comment for me not to have it (the Elephant - which a good friend of mine battling cancer name for me -- his name is Zion in representation of her strength in her constant battle and vigilant faith), any way, he use to be stuffed away in my carrier, but since taking these pictures I have left him out so I can look at him every now and then when I need a little boost of faith. That one along with the Lighthouse one. Haven't had the time nor inclination to paint lately. Thank you for the wonderful compliment. :)
Live, Laugh, Love, Aloha
Donna & Willie
dcricket

Postby dcricket » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:17 am

Okay Okay....been awhile, but I finally have another painting I thought was worthwhile to post. Especially for those lovers of the Oregon coast. This one we painted in 3/17 class. We call it Oregon Coast in the Fog. Hope you like it. (copywright protected naturally) :)

Live, Laugh, Love, Aloha
Donna & Willie
dcricket

Next

Return to Arts & Crafts, Decorating Projects