Sheila's Homemade Memory Box

Ladies, Show off your talents!

Sheila's Homemade Memory Box

Postby monik7 » Fri May 23, 2014 5:42 pm

Sheila says she still doesn't know how to post pics here so I offered to post 2 of a memory box she made. I saw her this morning on my way to Yellowstone when I stopped where she's parked for the summer at her daughter's in Tetonia, ID. Unfortunately I took them with my iPhone in "landscape" which may cause the right side to be cut off depending on what device you're viewing them with. Sorry Sheila. I don't want to give away all the details so I hope Sheila will follow up and let you know all about it. She did a beautiful job.

Sandi
Last edited by monik7 on Fri May 23, 2014 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Re: Sheila's Homemade Memory Box

Postby avalen » Fri May 23, 2014 7:33 pm

well thats very pretty, hopefully Sheila will chime in and let us know how its made
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Bethers » Fri May 23, 2014 9:12 pm

Beautiful. And when I clicked on the pictures I got to see the full view.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri May 23, 2014 9:23 pm

Very pretty with lots of old fashioned details! I am curious what she puts in it.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby VickieP » Fri May 23, 2014 9:46 pm

Very pretty. I remember Sheila telling us about gathering the things to make the box as a gift. I can't wait to hear the rest of the story.
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby snowball » Fri May 23, 2014 10:34 pm

long story or short? ok Long story :lol:
In January I was in Vegas for a few days before going to SLC to meet my newest granddaughter
while there my sister took me to a craft store...and I saw a box that they had displayed calling it a
jewelry box well personally I don't like a flat jewelry box rather be able to hang the necklaces. But I liked the
box so signed up for the class even though it met going from Quartzsite to Vegas for a class! :roll: but they didn't
call and they didn't call and they didn't call so I called them and they hadn't heard from the gal that was going to
do the class..so they had pulled the box didn't even know for sure where it was..."oh, but I wanted to make it
for my granddaughters graduation gift" the lady I was talking to remember me or said she did and said pick up a
box come in and between us we will make it work..so I made plans to go to Vegas which was good as I didn't plan on
stopping by my sister's on my way north...so this took care of the visit...found a unfinished box at oh sure I know the store
oh yes Hobby Lobby got up to the check stand and noticed that the corner things weren't there so I said I just realized that they
are gone didn't noticed it there and I don't remember seeing this size other than this box..so they gave me a discount sure
hope I was right on that...as easy as they were to take off think they must have fallen off..
that night we looked and or called craft stores to find the corner things and couldn't so I was sorta wishing I'd not gotten the box
but went to the store the next day and they had them and they had these cool legs so it didn't just sit on the table...was so happy
I hadn't found the corner protectors :D looked around for paper to put on the box (it's scrap book paper) wanted red as that is her
favorite color right now...but for some reason they didn't have it so chose this combination..and then all the fun stuff that is on it
don't think you can see the details to much but on one side is theatrical face masks in another is dance shoes think a camera and the hat?
I wanted to color it red but the color of the paper just didn't allow it ...She was in a play this past fall where she wore a red hat and it was very
important to the play oh and the butterflies cause I like them hahaha
It's called a memory box were she can put those things in that she wants to remember oh inside is some sayings like chase your dream or something to that nature...I like it and I hope she likes it I wish it was in the color she likes but oh well I have a problem with over doing but they (the gal there and my sister held me back) my first grandchild graduates this coming week from high school wow just doesn't seem possible
so there you have it thanks Sandi for posting the picture for me sure appreciate it...
sheila
snowball

Postby Bethers » Sat May 24, 2014 1:34 am

Since high school days until I moved into my rv, I kept a shoe box with important things. How I would have loved that memory box, because it would have been as important to me as the small mementos I kept in that box. Beautiful job, and I hope she loves it just as it is.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby grammynmaggie » Sat May 24, 2014 2:43 pm

I love it... That's my kind of crafting!
grammynmaggie

Postby snowball » Tue May 27, 2014 11:16 pm

I gave the box to my granddaughter tonight (she graduates) tomorrow...she was so pleased her eyes got all big
I'm so relieved
it's just not the normal graduation gift...most people give money or stuff that is more expensive
just glad that she liked it
sheila
snowball

Postby monik7 » Wed May 28, 2014 4:45 pm

snowball wrote:I gave the box to my granddaughter tonight (she graduates) tomorrow...she was so pleased her eyes got all big
I'm so relieved
it's just not the normal graduation gift...most people give money or stuff that is more expensive
just glad that she liked it
sheila

Great job Sheila. She will treasure that box for a long time and the fact that you made it makes it so special.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby chalet05 » Wed May 28, 2014 10:35 pm

What a wonderful gift, Sheila!!
Anita
chalet05

Return to Arts & Crafts, Decorating Projects