Crafty stuff

Ladies, Show off your talents!

Crafty stuff

Postby Phoenix » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:07 pm

Like I said in my intro jack of all trades master of none. LOL Here are a few of the things I have making. Currently I can not use my sewing machine due to its location & my knees decided they do not like stairs. Hope you enjoy & if you have any questions feel free to ask.
Image cosmetic bag
ATCs (artist trading cards)
ImageImage
things sent to one of grandkids
Wire wrapping
Isis Charm
Bracelets/anklets
Wands
Phoenix
Phoenix

Re: Crafty stuff

Postby snowball » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:29 pm

Very nice done good!!! I like your jewelry..tried doing some wire wrapping enjoyed it to a degree how ever let it go by the wayside
I have this idea floating around in my head but don't want to buy multiple containers of beads to get 24 need to see if I can find a source for smaller amounts...its just for me any way your doing great
sheila
snowball

Postby VickieP » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:19 am

Very nice, I like the jewelry you made. I guess I've led a sheltered life, :lol: I had to Google tea wallets & ATC's. :roll: Learn something new every day!
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby Redetotry » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:19 am

snowball wrote:Very nice done good!!! I like your jewelry..tried doing some wire wrapping enjoyed it to a degree how ever let it go by the wayside
I have this idea floating around in my head but don't want to buy multiple containers of beads to get 24 need to see if I can find a source for smaller amounts...its just for me any way your doing great
sheila

Very nice, I like the wire wrapping particularly.

Sheila, My friend has a bead shop and sells loose beads and other supplies on Esty. Here is the link. http://www.etsy.com/shop/southpassbeads
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby avalen » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:31 am

very nice, I miss doing my quilts but that will soon change. :D
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby havingfunnow » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:42 am

They're so pretty!
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Postby Phoenix » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:19 am

Redetotry wrote:
snowball wrote:Very nice done good!!! I like your jewelry..tried doing some wire wrapping enjoyed it to a degree how ever let it go by the wayside
sheila

My friend has a bead shop and sells loose beads and other supplies on Esty. Here is the link. http://www.etsy.com/shop/southpassbeads

I have seen her shop before but most of my supplies come from Fire Mountain as I am moving from plastic and glass to semi precious stones. Although she has some findings I may be interested in later. I did add her to my favorites. What type of beads are you looking for. I may be able to help you out, I have tons of stuff LOL I am enjoying doing the wire wrapping, when it starts boring me I will find something new or old to do LOL.

Thanks all :D
Phoenix
Phoenix

Postby mitch5252 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:21 am

VickieP wrote:...I had to Google tea wallets & ATC's. :roll: Learn something new every day!

Care to share with those of us who have tired fingers?
mitch5252

Postby BirdbyBird » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:28 am

I knew the ATCs. Nikki tutored me on them when I was in San Antonio. We are always learning.
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Phoenix » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:12 am

mitch5252 wrote:
VickieP wrote:...I had to Google tea wallets & ATC's. :roll: Learn something new every day!

Care to share with those of us who have tired fingers?

Tea wallets allow you to carry a few tea bags, sweetener, and sometimes honey sticks (depending on design) with you in your purse. I gave one to Melissa's mom because she belongs to a quilt club and she carries her own tea bags with her.

Artist trading cards are the size of a baseball card but with your own artistic flare, they can be but not limited to hand painted, computer generated, scrapbooked, stamped or a combination of any medium you like. the ones I put up are examples (left to right) water color free hand, combination water color/stamp, freehand paint, last two background sponge painted & stamped

If you like doing these types of things check out http://www.swap-bot.com my user name is PhoenixLM
Phoenix
Phoenix

Postby cpatinjones » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:40 pm

Lovely.
Carolyn
35' Cougar 5th Wheel, F-250
Escapees, Good Sam, RVing Women
Slept in my RV
cpatinjones

Postby snowball » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:30 pm

This is my design in my head...and excuse the lack of the proper terms..
I want to make a necklace using the invisible(??) wire...when I googled it I found one youtube tutorial using three strands so my mind
expanded...the first strand I want my parents birth stones on one side my inlaws on the other side in the middle mine and my husbands
second strand would be our children not sure about adding the spouses or not still undecided as 1 daughter is divorced one never married but had a son
third strand the grandchildren
the strands are not solid beads I don't know how to put it on here but like with my moms and dads there would be mom's (oct) spacer which I've seen beads a dark ivory from the macadonia ivory they are a very old and very creamy in color...then my dads which is Feb. with crimp beads holding them in place
I have 5 children
13 grandchildren
wish I could remember the name of the tutorial but it was the Swar....tisk beads how one spells it who knows..I don't need them to be the birthstones but the colors yes...although the stones would be great so the only months I don't need is June and Dec unless I add spouses then Dec. and more stones
putting it on paper it looks ok but don't want to buy 10 tubes of count of 50 of birthstones to get in most cases 1 or 2 beads for the month :lol:
sheila
snowball

Postby Phoenix » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:13 pm

snowball wrote:This is my design in my head...and excuse the lack of the proper terms..
I want to make a necklace using the invisible(??) wire...when I googled it I found one youtube tutorial using three strands so my mind
expanded...the first strand I want my parents birth stones on one side my inlaws on the other side in the middle mine and my husbands
second strand would be our children not sure about adding the spouses or not still undecided as 1 daughter is divorced one never married but had a son
third strand the grandchildren
the strands are not solid beads I don't know how to put it on here but like with my moms and dads there would be mom's (oct) spacer which I've seen beads a dark ivory from the macadonia ivory they are a very old and very creamy in color...then my dads which is Feb. with crimp beads holding them in place
I have 5 children
13 grandchildren
wish I could remember the name of the tutorial but it was the Swar....tisk beads how one spells it who knows..I don't need them to be the birthstones but the colors yes...although the stones would be great so the only months I don't need is June and Dec unless I add spouses then Dec. and more stones
putting it on paper it looks ok but don't want to buy 10 tubes of count of 50 of birthstones to get in most cases 1 or 2 beads for the month :lol:
sheila

I could certainly get you a few of the stones right off the top of my head I have several different quartz beads, Citrine, Amazonite, Garnet, Obsidian, If bead chips are good I have all kinds, Moonstone, Citrine, Jasper, Crystal, Amethyst, no way I can list it all. You would also need to figure out the size of the beads you need & shape. Take look at this FM search to see what I mean http://www.firemountaingems.com/search/?Keywords=Garnet
Phoenix
Phoenix

Postby Phoenix » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:23 pm

Is this the tutorial you are looking at? http://youtu.be/i-RexwDhqH0
Phoenix
Phoenix

Postby snowball » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:18 pm

I could certainly get you a few of the stones right off the top of my head I have several different quartz beads, Citrine, Amazonite, Garnet, Obsidian, If bead chips are good I have all kinds, Moonstone, Citrine, Jasper, Crystal, Amethyst, no way I can list it all. You would also need to figure out the size of the beads you need & shape. Take look at this FM search to see what I mean http://www.firemountaingems.com/search/?Keywords=Garnet[/quote]

I think what I will do is go to the bead store here so I can look at the sizes again and get back to you perhaps look at the tutorial again and no it wasn't that one...its the crystal one that starts with a S
thanks for your willingness to help
sheila
snowball

Next

Return to Arts & Crafts, Decorating Projects