Counted Cross-stitch of Ernie's Mom Finally Finished..

Ladies, Show off your talents!

Counted Cross-stitch of Ernie's Mom Finally Finished..

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:42 am

Over 15 months ago I posted my counted cross-stitch of my Mom which took 6 or a little more months to finish....I then started in March the counted cross-stitch of Ernie's Mom...I finished it last night....I had promised it to him for Christmas, but it took a little longer to complete...

For those who do counted cross-stitch both are done on 28count aida cloth with the pattern done via "PhotoStitch" software I purchased....hence, that's why it took so long to finish....I am putting the fine cloth away for awhile cause it sure is challenging.... :roll: and my eyes need the rest....and have resolved not to use any cloth smaller than 16 count cloth... ;)

Am now going to work on some flower photos that I have taken in the past...

Hope you all like it.....Enjoy!!! :D
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Re: Counted Cross-stitch of Ernie's Mom Finally Finished..

Postby Irmi » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:00 am

Lori, you did a fantastic job! I remember the one you did of your Mom as well. I can only imagine how tedious that must be.
Irmi

Postby IrishIroamed » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:45 am

Wonderful job! You sure are talented! I'm lucky I sew on buttons & fix hems :shock:
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby VickieP » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:32 am

That's just beautiful, Lori!
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby mitch5252 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:02 am

Unbelievably beautiful!
What talent.

mitch5252

Postby SoCalGalcas » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:53 am

Lori, that is beautiful! Great job. lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby monik7 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:18 pm

Beautiful. I'd love to try something like that but don't know where to start.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby MandysMom » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:40 pm

That is so beautiful. I had not heard of that software but will certainly be checking it out as I love to cross stitch even if I don't do it often. Sandi, may I suggest you get a tiny kit that is preprinted or at least a very simple design at a place like Hobby Lobby or Michaels or Joanne's. They have some really cute easy kits for about a dollar which come with good directions and both needle and thread. The only other things I use are a small pair of scissors and a needle threader. Sometimes I put masking tape around the edges of larger projects to protect from unravelling but tiny projects don't need it. The tiny kits usually come with a tiny plastic frame and cardboard backing to use when done. I have done numerous of the tiny kits while waiting for husband at medical offices and on the road. You basically begin in the middle of the design and follow a well marked chart as to where to put "crosses" or x shaped stitches. It is fun once you do one. I taught myself using tiny kits and kits that were pre-printed before branching out to looking at patterns in books. One of my goals in the New Year is to read the photo instructions on this site and figure out how to show you pictures.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby MandysMom » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:45 pm

Lori is this the place you used for your pattern?
http://www.myphotostitch.com/Make_Patte ... ttern.html

Thanks
Velda
MandysMom

Postby OutandAbout » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:06 pm

Lori, that is lovely. I know Ernie just loves it. I also remember other works you have posted and you are very talented. I have a friend that does cross stitch and will let her know about the software you mentioned. Thanks for the info. Linda
OutandAbout

Postby WickedLady » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:44 pm

Awesome
WickedLady

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:22 pm

MandysMom wrote:Lori is this the place you used for your pattern?
http://www.myphotostitch.com/Make_Patte ... ttern.html

Thanks
Velda

Velda....I purchased PCStitch Pro..about $50..it's a CD which I download to the laptop... the page you posted is similar for the "how to" on my PCStitch... but I'm not familiar with that one....I've used the PCStitch Pro for about 4 yrs....just bought another CD as we got a new laptop and when I went to put it on the new one, we couldn't find it...(it was at my sister's house..for safe keeping... :roll: :lol: ) good thing I had a few patterns already printed out to do in the mean time.... ;)
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2008 Toyota Tundra
rvgrammy1953

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:33 pm

MandysMom wrote:That is so beautiful. I had not heard of that software but will certainly be checking it out as I love to cross stitch even if I don't do it often. Sandi, may I suggest you get a tiny kit that is preprinted or at least a very simple design at a place like Hobby Lobby or Michaels or Joanne's. They have some really cute easy kits for about a dollar which come with good directions and both needle and thread. The only other things I use are a small pair of scissors and a needle threader. Sometimes I put masking tape around the edges of larger projects to protect from unravelling but tiny projects don't need it. The tiny kits usually come with a tiny plastic frame and cardboard backing to use when done. I have done numerous of the tiny kits while waiting for husband at medical offices and on the road. You basically begin in the middle of the design and follow a well marked chart as to where to put "crosses" or x shaped stitches. It is fun once you do one. I taught myself using tiny kits and kits that were pre-printed before branching out to looking at patterns in books. One of my goals in the New Year is to read the photo instructions on this site and figure out how to show you pictures.
Velda

Sandi, I started cross stitching using the printed on cloth type, too...then went to the Counted Cross-stitch using the small kits, too...then got "brave" and bought the larger kits and now using my PCStitch Pro & my many photos, I do my own "kits".... ;) Cross-stitch and crocheting are great if you RV, especially, full-timing...easy to store as it doesn't take up too much room and yes, getting materials for project "on the road" is pretty easy as Michael's Hobby Lobby, Joann's Fabric, and AC Moores are all over the country, but I've also ordered from Herrschner's Crafts Online, too....and depending on the location, some Walmarts have a crafting area with floss, cloth, and kits...along with yarn for the crocheting.... ;)

Hope this helps.... :)
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2008 Toyota Tundra
rvgrammy1953

Postby avalen » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:54 am

oh my goodness, what talent, but I must admit thinking of the eye strain you went through makes my eyes hurt. I could never do that, you are fabulous!
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby monik7 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:01 pm

Thanks Velda and Lori. My problem is I'm impatient and want to go straight to photos. I would love to do one of my son. I know it's not logical to aspire to that level, but that's what I would want to do. Since losing my son, I've wished I had something in my rig with his pic. Something handmade would be wonderful.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Next

Return to Arts & Crafts, Decorating Projects