Casa Grande Ruins, Coolidge, Arizona

Tell us about interesting places you've been - things to see and do - pictures please!

Casa Grande Ruins, Coolidge, Arizona

Postby oregontocal » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:50 pm

This was a fascinating place, as shown by the 31 pictures I saved (out of more than 60). So, rather then add them one by one, here's the Photobucket album. Enjoy!

http://s373.photobucket.com/albums/oo176/csmith144/Casa%20Grande%20Ruins/
oregontocal

Re: Casa Grande Ruins, Coolidge, Arizona

Postby retiredhappy » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:10 am

What a great place - loved the pictures. If you ever get near Silver City New Mexico be sure to see Gila Cliff Dwelllings. You can actually walk through the actual dwellings. Sure gives you an idea what life was like for the Indians who lived there.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby oregontocal » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:04 am

As a matter of fact, I'm headed that way this morning. Looks like it would be very simple to take Hwy 90 north from I-10, then head up 15 to the site. And, I'm seriously considering it. However, need to think about how much driving that would be today as I'm meeting a friend in Mountainair, NM, a little south of Albuq. He's reserving spots at a park there. Hmmmmmmm............Several years ago, a friend in Santa Fe took us to the Puye Cliff Dwellings and we were able to go into them. I remember because my son had broken his wrist and had a terribly hard time climbing up and down the ladders. Ahh, so many places, so little time. :lol:
oregontocal

Postby asirimarco » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:11 pm

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing. Looks like a place I need to put on our list of places to go see.
asirimarco

Return to Interesting Places