Cranes, Sheep, Deer, Albino Rock Chuck, Stuff

Tell us about interesting places you've been - things to see and do - pictures please!

Cranes, Sheep, Deer, Albino Rock Chuck, Stuff

Postby kdmac » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:46 pm

Here are a bunch of photos. None of these are coffee-table quality but huge country doesn't lend itself to tight cool photos...and the critters are photo'd before they run away or turn their butt to me. And the CRANES don't have anything to judge the perspective of how large a bird they are. But, those cut tree rounds near the birds are the same height to me as a chair...my posture on them would be the same if I was sitting in a chair...so if the birds stood in front of me as I sat they would tower over me. by at least a foot or more.

Albino Rock Chuck, red eyes, pink skin...the works. Regular rock chucks are brown

The Perpetual Geyser..this is down in town. Oregon is extremely volcanic

Geyser goes off about every 30 seconds

Steam outlets throughout the neighborhood. Some homes are using to heat, etc. their homes

The Marlboro Man from my TT door.

From my back window

Liz....this is from my the other side

A week ago..look at the poor tree swallow from Capistrano..they are expecting Spring weather

Rain coming in sideways

Typical Juniper Tree in this high-desert, this particular one is very old. Hope I look this good when I am 425 yrs old

Stay away from my nest Lady!

Natural colored lichens

Gas pipeline going in near town...notice the trucks, two are parked at the top, one at bottom of photo
Last edited by kdmac on Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kdmac

Re: Cranes, Sheep, Deer, Albino Rock Chuck, Stuff

Postby Forestgal » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:51 pm

Very fun! You sure have a gift for finding the unique in what other people would find mundane. Thanks for sharing with us.

Are you ever going to make it to So. California?

Laura -- and Jed
Forestgal

Postby sharon » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:06 pm

Awesome! Thanks so much, those of us stuck at home sure do appreciate pictures! :D
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby BirdbyBird » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:03 pm

Thanks.... :)
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Liz » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:01 am

Beautiful sights, great pictures....from every side!
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby cpatinjones » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:45 am

Enjoying your journey southward, as well as the pics. Keep the pics coming.
Carolyn
35' Cougar 5th Wheel, F-250
Escapees, Good Sam, RVing Women
Slept in my RV
cpatinjones

Postby Bethers » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:22 pm

Checking in to see if you're still at that cg or have moved on. If you've posted lately, I haven't seen it. C'mon back in and tell us what's going on.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby kdmac » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:19 pm

Bethers wrote:Checking in to see if you're still at that cg or have moved on. If you've posted lately, I haven't seen it. C'mon back in and tell us what's going on.

Hi Bethers and All,

This is the third time I have typed this. I keep loosing it for stupid reason that are my own fault...I ran outside to watch swallows fledge from two birdhouses near me and, unlike other birds they fly brilliantly right away.

I have not posted much lately as I am concerned tht I may need "Forum Rehab" if I don't change my ways. I was just a bit too addicted so am pursuing some behaviour modification.

It's ironic that Excel posted about driving in hot temps as that is the foremost reason I decided to stay here until Fall and then I will head to Southern Utah and do all the national Parks....there is no reason for me to stess my truck when I am free as a bird, I can go where I want when I want. I wouldn't change this lifestyle for anything, certainly one of the best decisions I ever made.

I can't even describe how much I love it here. This park is nearly empty all the time, just a private park on a cattle ranch in the middle of paradise. filled with a plethora of wildlife....I was accused of finding uniqueness in what others would find mundane....but I am sad for those who don't just go giddy watching a buck fight off black birds biting his butt when he lays too close to their nest or owls that allow you to sit near them as though they are the keeper of the woods, or fawns leaping with new life then suckling from their stately elegant mother. I am just thrilled with all of this and am grateful every day that I get to live this RV lifestyle that lets me be here until I decide to go elsewhere....

The following are photos of things that make me giddy:

My buddy, the "Keeper of the Woods"

This is where the "Keeper" lives

Looks like a very disfigured baby but it's just a rock

Houston...we have touchdown

Who Der?

And...who.. are... you?

I mean it lady...not one step close

Evening sun made bad photo of mom and fawn, afterbirth still hanging from mom's fanny

High-desert version of "Meerkat Manor" only these rock chucks are literally by the billions in Central Oregon, but sure fun to hang with with my morning coffee

My latest painting...I will never get enough for selling in Arizona if I don't pick up the pace

Abert Rim...the hightest plateau in US...2500 ft straight up...watch for rocks! is all I could think when I drove along its base

Another view

Hey buddy...I aint dead yet!

Move on big fella....

Little "house wren" outside my trailer

A tumor on her chest, she comes by periodically

Three starling babes in the woods
kdmac

Postby BirdbyBird » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:42 am

....and the reason to sit still is clear once you have found a sanctuary such as you have.......nice place to be....and looks like it supports your working on art well. Thanks.
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Liz » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:35 am

Wow. Love those photos. Love that place. No more behavior mods, ok?
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Excel » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:50 pm

What parts of the pictures I could see were great...however it seems that I only see the left side & the right side is sort of cut off....Are my settings off....??? Hate to miss the great pictures posted...Any thoughts on correction action on my computer ????
Excel

Postby Bethers » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:50 pm

Excel wrote:What parts of the pictures I could see were great...however it seems that I only see the left side & the right side is sort of cut off....Are my settings off....??? Hate to miss the great pictures posted...Any thoughts on correction action on my computer ????

It's most likely the settings on your computer for resolution. You could try changing that and see if it makes a difference.

Those are GREAT pictures. And less forum time doesn't have to mean NO forum time, my friend. We need to be able to share those great pics with you. I'd love to be sitting right there, also. And maybe another year, I will be.

You're in a great location and no, you probably don't want to get to AZ too early - but you might not want to wait too late for the Utah parks. Some of them do have winter - so Sept/Oct are good months for those. Good also because the kids are back in school.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby kdmac » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:30 pm

Yea, I plan to be in Southern Utah the day after Labor Day...I used to work in a hotel in Leavenworth Washington and we always knew the Old folks in their Cadillacs would arrive the day after Labor Day. Now I am one of them....I like old folks...I don't mind sharing the parks with them.

Yea, I know when, how and where the seasons do their thing....my luck Winter will come early and I will be in ten feet of snow in mid September, it has happened before. I have seen Bryce with new snow before...it looked like red cake with white frosting...makes for great photos....but I had a hankerin for sweets the whole time.
kdmac

Postby kdmac » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:31 pm

Yea, I plan to be in Southern Utah the day after Labor Day...I used to work in a hotel in Leavenworth Washington and we always knew the Old folks in their Cadillacs would arrive the day after Labor Day. Now I am one of them....I like old folks...I don't mind sharing the parks with them.

Yea, I know when, how and where the seasons do their thing....my luck Winter will come early and I will be in ten feet of snow in mid September, it has happened before. I have seen Bryce with new snow before...it looked like red cake with white frosting...makes for great photos....but I had a hankerin for sweets the whole time.
kdmac

Postby Bethers » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:01 pm

I should have known you had that all figured out :) I love that area at that time. And snow is pretty - would just mean it's time to continue south though - and eat sweets :) Although everything makes me think of sweets lately.
Beth
Bethers

Next

Return to Interesting Places