Nashville, Indiana

Tell us about interesting places you've been - things to see and do - pictures please!

Nashville, Indiana

Postby asirimarco » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:52 am

Thought I’d put in a little blurb about the tiny town of Nashville, Indiana where we live. It is nestled in the Hills of Brown County, about 40 miles due south of Indianapolis. It is known for the artists and craftsmen who live here. Twice a year these artists open their studios to the public for tours. Drive yourself tours through the hills. There are many shops downtown selling all sorts of things, mostly things hand made in this area.
The downtown area is quaint. Older buildings, trolley ride, carriage rides and lots of flowers.
Four state parks are near, three covered bridges (2 here in Nashville),
several places for lodging – from fancy hotels to Bed and Breakfasts.
Lots of places to eat. Two small theaters, the Little Nashville Opry where country stars perform Saturday evenings from spring to fall. Two wineries for tasting and lots of flea markets on weekends during the summer and fall. Fall is magnificent here with all the trees turning color.
There are 3 large RV campgrounds. One is Bill Monroe’s in Beanblossom – during the summer there are weekends of music: bluegrass, gospel and country and blues.
http://www.browncounty.com
and as you know we have parking
asirimarco

Re: Nashville, Indiana

Postby Bethers » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:35 pm

Beautiful, quaint little town - now if only it didn't have winter :)

I love the towns that have "done up" their downtown (uptown) areas that way - with the carriage rides, trolleys, etc.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby SeeyaGal » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:38 pm

Oh I just gotta go to Nashville Indiana!!! Love it there!! I assume the best time to see this area is in the Fall?
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr20 ... G_0053.jpg
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Postby Barbzeee » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:44 pm

Uh huh... neat area...and no one noticed that Flamingo Flag... I mean a double dare ya too...

Awesome area... I love the colors of the Fall.. it's like that here in the North East.. these are the reasons I don't head south till usually later in the season.... cause I have to get that look of those leaves...they are just a true natures beauty...

Love little towns...they have such neat crafts..and oh.. great but not fancy foods...can't beat em.. so join em !!!

God Bless...Thanks Carol...
Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Postby SeeyaGal » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:56 am

Autumn is my favorite Season, I too just love the Yellow, Brown, Green,Orange, Crimson colors and some day I know I am going to get over to the East coast so I can witness their beauty with my own eyes! When I was a little girl living up in Seattle my 2nd Dad was going to the University . After school I used to cut through Laurelhurst park and I would scream with glee throwing giant maple & Chestnut tree leaves into the air and loved the sound of them crunching below my feet.

When I decorated the garage like a Haunted House I would always dump leaves from Bradley park all over the floor so the kids would hear crunching of the dried leaves when they came in to get their candy.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr20 ... G_0053.jpg
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Postby Carolinagal » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:01 am

What beautiful pictures and what an interesting place you live in. My Grandparents lived in Linton, and I just thought it was neat, yours really is! I will have to go there one day, towns like yours are why I love traveling the little back roads. This is one of the post I have not caught up with yet. Sure glad someone else brought it back up. I have lots of reading to do yet. I have enjoyed the pictures of your travels, Carol, but these of your town, I think are the best. Covered bridges are my thing, so I must one day, go back up into that area. Thanks for posting !!

Carol
Carolinagal

Postby AlmostThere » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:06 pm

Guess I somehow missed this post also. What a lovely town. What is the population?
Have you ever visited Turkey Run State Park just north of Rockville?
The day after my Sr. High prom we went there for a picnic. That was in the late 60s. I'm sure it's changed a great deal since then. About all I remember is that we rented bicycles.
AlmostThere

Postby Liz » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:32 pm

You don't have to go far from home to find interesting and beautiful places to visit. Thanks for sharing your town...added it to my list. Great pictures!
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Return to Interesting Places