Albaquerque Baloon Fiesta

Tell us about interesting places you've been - things to see and do - pictures please!

Albaquerque Baloon Fiesta

Postby jaymesullivan » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:29 am

This years Albaquerque Baloon Fiesta was loads of fun!

All the balloons came down over and in the RV area then flew over the new Balloon Museaum to the Feasta Park
Some of the special shape balloons
My little Era will Balloons all around
3 beautiful balloons!
Jayme
jaymesullivan

Re: Albaquerque Baloon Fiesta

Postby Nasoosie » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:11 am

BEAUTIFUL pictures! Thanks so much for sharing this event! Some day I hope to be there in person. The weather seemed to be perfect, too.
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby Liz » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:58 am

So colorful! Attending one of those is on my list too. Soos, have you ever made it to the Queechee (VT) balloon fest? I used to live the next town over, but that was back when Queechee was just a bunch of farms. Thanks for posting the great pics, Jayme!
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Re: Albuquerque Baloon Fiesta

Postby JanetA » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:39 am

what a neat even to take in! I gotta put that on my bucket list!

thanks ya'll
ImageImageImage
JanetA

Postby mtngal » Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:04 pm

Brilliant pics!!! I visited Albuquerque briefly (read 2 hours) a few days ago; spent most of time walking around the sculptures of 'The Journey"; surely want to go back with more time to explore the city.
Diana
mtngal

Postby Bethers » Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:27 pm

Been to both Aluquerque Balloon Fest and Quechee in VT - you'll laugh but I prefered Quechee - and now that Sparkle and I took that balloon ride in Albuquerque, and yes, I love it, would rather have done it in Quechee - more scenic - Albuquerque has just gotten too big, and lots you go over is the city.

That doesn't mean I wouldn't go back to the balloon fest - if with a big group of friends - to watch. But would definitely look for more of the smaller ones - and if in the VT area again when Quechee has there's would be there for sure - especially would make sure I went on Friday for the Balloon Glow - it was awesome. Marysdream met me there - and we both loved it.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Nasoosie » Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:42 pm

I'll have to remember Quechee for next year, Beth! I've never been there, but will put it on my 'to do' list! Especially if I'll have my neat new truck cap camper so I can leave in a split second with no hitching up! Need to make a special spot for my computer and camera in that truck cap----IF it ever comes!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby AlmostThere » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:20 am

Jayme, great pictures!! How awesome to see that in person! One day I'll get to do that, too. Thanks for sharing!
AlmostThere

Postby retiredhappy » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:00 am

If you want a smaller festival come to Gallup with me the first weekend of Dec - balloons fly from Redrock RV park. Beautiuful scenery to fly over - all the red rocks of the area.

UPDATE; Decided to cancel my Dec trip to Gallup. DianefmAz and Cheeriogirl both had to pull out and I've been there before. Will meet Liz, Beth and Sparkle in Port Lavaca in April instead.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby bluepinecones » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:19 pm

Beautiful photos. Thanks for sharing.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby carold » Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:27 pm

Love those balloon fests. Been to a few and have taken 2 rides. Wonderful pictures-so many different balloons carold
carold

Return to Interesting Places