Yellowstone

Tell us about interesting places you've been - things to see and do - pictures please!

Yellowstone

Postby gypsyblood » Fri May 22, 2009 11:30 pm

Beautiful to see anytime; enjoyed seeing during thelast week of May. Warm sun on large patches of snow; lakes still frozen white; water falling from mountainsides flowing into the large rushing rivers; spring green grass and fresh pine needles; roaming wildlife with nursing little ones; bubbling, spurting, gugling, steaming hot earth.

Gypsyblood
gypsyblood

Re: Yellowstone

Postby bluepinecones » Wed May 27, 2009 6:34 pm

I too love yellowstone. Was there about 40 years ago.
Do you have photos to share?
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby Nasoosie » Fri May 29, 2009 1:40 pm

what a great description, Gypsy! I can almost see it and smell that sulfur smell and hear those baby animals making their little hungry noises. Pictures would even be better...do you know how to do those yet? Check Beth's instructions for Photobucket, and you will have no problem posting them on here.

Thanks for you great description of Yellowstone at this time of year.
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby mitch5252 » Fri May 29, 2009 2:09 pm

What a lovely descriptive post...I almost felt like I was reading Japanese haiku!

Our All-Girl Westward Ho gang was there mid-May last year. Yellowstone is awesome! But I think, too, better in the Spring - not so crowded!!! I am NOT a crowd person (sure wouldn't be living where we are if we liked crowds!!!)

Thanks for the nice post!! Pictures?
mitch5252

Return to Interesting Places