Waterfalls Dunsmuir, CA (Northern California)

Tell us about interesting places you've been - things to see and do - pictures please!

Waterfalls Dunsmuir, CA (Northern California)

Postby peacetara » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:44 am

I posted this as a reply to my introduction post, and then thought better of myself, and am moving it here.

This is a picture I took from Dunsmuir, CA at "Hedge Creek Falls". It's right off the I-5 freeway, <1 mile walk, parking is within sight of the freeway exit.
Very cool place for being so close to the freeway. It's down a hill, along a nice dirt path, but it's not WC Accessible, sadly. More info here: http://dunsmuir.com/hikes-waterfalls/

Dunsmuir itself is a cute little town, with cute parks, an old train, and very easy to navigate on/off I-5. Next time you are in Northern California along I-5 I suggest stopping in for an afternoon enjoying the place!

There is free boon docking available nearby and also close to I-5: http://freecampsites.net/#!3221&query=sitedetails. There isn't any water anymore really (just a stream, it used to be a lake!). I've been thru there in the past year during the "on season" where they supposedly charge you, but they don't, near as I can tell. It's still a great place to stop over along the i-5 route, and has a big turnout for larger RV's, but the paved road in is pretty curvy, so go carefully if you are > 20 feet long.

With Love,
Tara
peacetara

Re: Waterfalls Dunsmuir, CA (Northern California)

Postby avalen » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:24 pm

what a beautiful spot
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby BirdbyBird » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:21 pm

Yes, you are definitely good at finding the nature shots. And you figured out the photo posting bit....Think we have to keep you. :D Keep a look out those ladies on the west coast wander around a lot and may find you before you now it.
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby peacetara » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:58 pm

@BirdyBird aww Thanks :) I posted another place just now too.
peacetara

Postby Bethers » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:14 pm

I stayed at Lower Salt Creek last year - another nice place, and think I'd still be okay with my current rig, but you are definitely right about the road in! Your van - and the people with the Class B's on here - have us beat for some of these places. Will gladly travel via your pictures to some of these places now. Thanks for sharing.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Return to Interesting Places